rattling noise from front end? Help please - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 PM

same thing just started happening to me tonight. Is it safe to drive? I tried to look to see if anything was visibly wrong but its dark out so i cant see jack...

Advice??

edit: car only has 14000 miles on it so its still under warranty.

OLD: 2007 SXT - Dual Flowmasters -
- Custom Pinstriping

INBETWEEEN: 2006 Chrysler 300SRT8

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM

im sure its safe to drive. but over time it can wear on our suspension system. 14000 miles? i would call up ur service dept. mine has 33000 miles so im takin mine in tomorrow ive got 3000 miles left on my warranty. i wish i had the $$$ to get the pedderized setup @ precision motorsports pretty much change out every bushing in the suspension system but it cost alot of $$$
MODS: JBA System..K&N CAI..ESP delete..93 Flashpaq.. 20" black vipers..15% tint..tinted tails..Blinker mod..Decal/Door Molding Delete..Hood decal blackout..Silverstars..Jenson 9021 touchhscreen..12" JL Sub.."Superwhite" dome lights..quarter panel stripe kit..trunk blkout..daytona grille,chin spoiler,spoiler

Last edited by TXboi; 02-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 PM

check the computer

i had this problem, under the hood in front of pass. seat the computer is mounted, and when you hit a bump it "bottoms out", if you push on it you will hear the same noise, i pulled mine out and put electrical tape on the bottom, you can even see why it happens, they used one little half inch rubber spacer,hope this helps
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Took it the dealer to see what was up and they said that there was a rock stuck between the muffler and the frame. Kinda felt stupid but i didn't have any other choice but to take it in. I don't have ramps or anything to look under and I'm a big guy so crawling under the car just doesn't work for me. Needless to say I'm glad that it wasn't anything bad.

OLD: 2007 SXT - Dual Flowmasters -
- Custom Pinstriping

INBETWEEEN: 2006 Chrysler 300SRT8

Old 02-20-2008, 10:46 PM

dizzle can u take a pic of what ur talking about.
MODS: JBA System..K&N CAI..ESP delete..93 Flashpaq.. 20" black vipers..15% tint..tinted tails..Blinker mod..Decal/Door Molding Delete..Hood decal blackout..Silverstars..Jenson 9021 touchhscreen..12" JL Sub.."Superwhite" dome lights..quarter panel stripe kit..trunk blkout..daytona grille,chin spoiler,spoiler
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboi View Post
this just started last week. car has 33000 miles. i can only hear it at low speeds less than 40mph but really hear it around 10mph. its like a rattling sound thats coming from my fronts wheels. only happens when i go over bumps and cracks in the road. it sounds like something is loose like a bolt or something. i checked the wheel lug nuts and they're tight because i did them myself. doesnt happen everytime i turn the wheel only over bumps/cracks. i have stock suspension. anybody know what it could be? oh yeah my warranty is up. just my luck
I had some metallic rattles coming from the front wheels. In my case it was some loose/missing brake shield (? those metal shields on the inside area of the rotors) bolts. It was a very annoying sound... I discovered it by getting under the car and playing with parts around the wheel area. I hope your fix is an easy one.
which loosely translates to:
"If stupidity were painful, mankind would be screaming"

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 AM

Mine was sway bar end links..... only happened at low speeds and over bumps.
Daytona TB #3120
Old 02-21-2008, 05:52 PM

happening to me too.. going over small bumps at 10mph ( manhole covers, drains) there is a quicj clunking from right front. When i go over the same bumps with left tires, no noise.
I checjed the computer./ fuse box under the hood mentioned in this thread and it was fine. Going in to dealer Saturday for oil change/tire rotation , so will report that as well. 18,000 miles..
Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 PM

I've also got the same problem. The front clunks when going over bumps, pot holes, etc. I've had it in the dealerships 3 times and of coarse the dealer can't here it. I'll tell you what though its a bunch of annoying problems like this and lack of dealer support that will keep me from buying another DCX car. I also have a honing noise coming from the front left tire when braking at a rolling stop I believe is related.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 PM

I noticed a rattling sound coming from the front passenger side. Sounds similar to what a lot of people are referring to. Driving relatively slow hitting bumps such as manhole covers etc.

It took me a long time to figure out what it was. The dash started to rattle. I hove over 36K so I haven't taken it to a dealer. I haven't had a chance to look at it to see if I can figure out what the cause is. If you wedge something between the dash and the windshield the rattling sound will go away.
Electronics Convenience Group, Convenience Group II, Sound Group II, Sirius Satellite Radio.
Auto Headlight Mod, Trunk Spacer Mod,
No other mods,,, yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.