Instant MPG readout on Extended EVIC - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 01-25-2008, 03:29 AM
Gabe

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Instant MPG readout on Extended EVIC

So I read somewhere on a forum somebody with a 300/Charger in a different area of the world saying something about the instant MPG readout and I thought to myself "my car doesnt have that, ...... or does it ?"

So I went out to the car, put it in Extended EVIC mode and went to the "MPG Performance" screen where it shows the horizontal bar graph, the car mileage under that on the right and the car's current mpg average to the left.

Well, it turns out that if you press the right arrow in that screen the mileage reading becomes an instant mileage reading.

At idle it's 0.0 of course, but while driving the readings are all over the place ...

On hard accel it says about 2 mpg ... hahaha .... slowing down it says huge numbers lol

But it was fun to see that while driving at a steady speed anywhere in the 35-55 range the car was getting right about 20-22 mpg and that's with my MDS disabled

- Former owner of a 2007 Charger R/T AWD -

Mine: '13 Mustang GT, Sterling Gray, MT82, Recaros, Track Pk. Mine 8.11.12 ... now w/2.3L Whipple, VMP h.e., 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ. '06 Tundra 4x4 V8 AccessCab. Silver.
Hers: '08 GT500, White/blue stripes, pulley/JLT CAI/tune, 560+RWHP/550+RWTQ. '03 Forester, green, 5-speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2008, 04:47 AM
RichEnvE_RT

i recall mine saying 40 mpg but that was not using any gas and going downhill

'07 Charger R/T Steel Blue Mods: aFe StageII CAI; DS Predator; Spoiler; chin spoiler; SB grill w/honeycomb insert and R/T emblem; 300SRT rims w/BT Mopar Center Caps; BT Catch Can, Mopar hood emblem, shift plate and underhood caps; tint; sequential turn signals; painted calipers.
#3 Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Gabe

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it has been "discovered" before, but I hadn't seen it on here, so I figured I'd bring it up ....

On my way to work this morning at a steady 45-50 I was seeing 24-25 mpg .... and again, that's with the MDS disabled ...
#4 Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD_Gabe View Post
So I read somewhere on a forum somebody with a 300/Charger in a different area of the world saying something about the instant MPG readout and I thought to myself "my car doesnt have that, ...... or does it ?"

So I went out to the car, put it in Extended EVIC mode and went to the "MPG Performance" screen where it shows the horizontal bar graph, the car mileage under that on the right and the car's current mpg average to the left.

Well, it turns out that if you press the right arrow in that screen the mileage reading becomes an instant mileage reading.

At idle it's 0.0 of course, but while driving the readings are all over the place ...

On hard accel it says about 2 mpg ... hahaha .... slowing down it says huge numbers lol

But it was fun to see that while driving at a steady speed anywhere in the 35-55 range the car was getting right about 20-22 mpg and that's with my MDS disabled
Thanks for the info.....I like the born on date. I need to check mine, I think it was in June also.

07 R/T, Spoiler, Daytona Insert, Glove box light, Mopar Fender CAI, Hood struts, Cabin Air Filter
#5 Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Kidd_Funkadelic

This isn't on the '06 model is it? I don't recall anything about gas mileage in the extended menu on mine...

Kidd_Funkadelic
GMG Daytona #3670 of 4000
#6 Old 01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
goMANgo259

Send a message via AIM to goMANgo259
nope i dont think its on the 06... nothings on the friggan 06..

i think its funny that my 1988 jaguar had instant mpg and avg mph and any other type of crap you could think of built in and this car doesnt lol

GoManGo #259

#7 Old 01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Gabe

(Thread Starter)
A couple of pics of what the display looks like ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_1-25_MPG_1.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	28795   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_1-25_MPG_2.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	28796  
#8 Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
SupremeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd_Funkadelic View Post
This isn't on the '06 model is it? I don't recall anything about gas mileage in the extended menu on mine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by goMANgo259 View Post
nope i dont think its on the 06... nothings on the friggan 06..

i think its funny that my 1988 jaguar had instant mpg and avg mph and any other type of crap you could think of built in and this car doesnt lol
The 06's do have MPG readout if you have EVIC, although all it shows is the average. In order to get to it you need to press the page button above the compass button. Keep hitting it until you get to Average MPG screen

2006 Torred Daytona #524
Installed Mods: Mopower Shaker, Silverstar's Hi/Low/Fogs, Painted Calipers, R1 Slotted Rotors, Half Covers, ZOOMERS!
Quote:
Torque is the low-end muscle that gets you out of the blocks when the light turns green. It's the thrust that squashes you into the seat when you hammer the gas. Torque is good. Torque is your friend.

Last edited by SupremeG; 01-25-2008 at 06:23 PM.
#9 Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM
BigMech
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via AIM to BigMech
On 495 with the cruise set at 72, I see 26-27mpg on flat ground with the MDS on. If I slow down to around 60, it hovers around 30mpg on flat ground.

-Brian

'07 Charger R/T, RWD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.
20" AR Torque Thrust M's, SRT8 Suspension Kit, Airaid CAI, MM 85mm TB, Diablo Predator, Daytona Exhaust
Daytona rear spoiler, chin spoiler, grill, exhaust, and rear air diffuser, lots of Billettech goodies.
'13 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 6-Speed, Track Pack.
#10 Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Gabe

(Thread Starter)
bumpy bumpity bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List