Can you cancel a car order if it has a VON - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Whyteboi

Send a message via AIM to Whyteboi
(Thread Starter)
Can you cancel a car order if it has a VON

Lease on my Charger SXT was up, so I ordered my car two days ago 12/22, Avenger RT. Much better than what I have now in my SXT.

Not really too important, but my dad wants me to downgrade to the friggin 4 cylinder SXT.... he wants to cancel it and order that instead

Im wondering if he would be able to do that, because I am pretty sure he is trying to.... as I type this

I have a VON, and am hoping that means its in the system, and there is no way to stop building it.

I am pretty sure thats what a VIN is..... but anyone who knows with VIN/VONs, then let me know

2007 Charger SXT - Inferno Red
18 Inch Chrome + Sirius Radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Hemi 06

Send a message via AIM to Hemi 06
the von is vehicle order number

the vin is vehicle identification number

i believe the von is the number they give you when your placing an order. the identification number is what will be on the inside of your door when you get your car.

2006 Charger 5.7L Hemi
Daytona R/T Go Mango

Mods:Magnaflow Exhaust, 20" Foose Rims,Airaid CAI, Mopar Lighted Sill Guards, LED interior light bulbs, LED Smoke Tail Lights, 22 Elite Console Cover, 35 Tint
#3 Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Whyteboi

(Thread Starter)
Well hopefully he cant cancel the order.... hopefully the VON will prevent him!
#4 Old 12-24-2007, 03:25 PM
PitchBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyteboi View Post
Well hopefully he cant cancel the order.... hopefully the VON will prevent him!
How old are you? Was the car ordered in your name, his, or both? If his name is on the contract, he can cancel the car. He may lose a deposit if there was one. But they can't force him to take the car.

If you're of legal age, and the contract is solely in your name, he can't cancel it.

2014 Charger R/T Blacktop Pitch Black
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6-speed
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1962 Lincoln Continental with 6.4 Hemi (work in progress)
#5 Old 12-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Whyteboi

(Thread Starter)
Its a corporate lease... basically all I need to know is

if the car has a VON, will the factory make it for sure? or what significance does the VON hold?

If so, there is nothing I have to worry about
#6 Old 12-24-2007, 06:59 PM
fluffykush

Doesn't matter if the factory has a VON...thats just a generated order # they give you at the time of order. The order can be canceled.

#7 Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
CHARGERTREV

They cant force you to PAY money...he dosent have to accept the car...he may lose his $500.00 deposit. Damn boy you pissed someone off...O and BTW i got my car(custom order..guy never picked it up)

2007 Charger - SOLD

2012 Mustang - Current

1995 Honda Civic - Daily
#8 Old 12-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Whyteboi

(Thread Starter)
No, its a factory lease, no down payment, he let me order the RT fine, I didnt piss him off.

My sister on the other hand is a lazy pig who wont get a job, so I have to pay 220$ a month, and she will probably pay nothing, so he wants to get the SXT which would be 130$ a month... so I would be basically paying for her to get it

Even though I got the car because I got a job, he just wants "easier payments" and says she will get a job.

How long does it take for a VON to become a VIN?
#9 Old 12-25-2007, 02:02 AM
TheBigAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyteboi View Post
No, its a factory lease, no down payment, he let me order the RT fine, I didnt piss him off.

My sister on the other hand is a lazy pig who wont get a job, so I have to pay 220$ a month, and she will probably pay nothing, so he wants to get the SXT which would be 130$ a month... so I would be basically paying for her to get it

Even though I got the car because I got a job, he just wants "easier payments" and says she will get a job.

How long does it take for a VON to become a VIN?
when the car is built.

Check Out Some My LX Videos, It Really Helps Me Out A LOT!
Dodge Challenger Playlist
Dodge Charger Playlist
#10 Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 PM
mnunes
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Typically there is no sales contract drawn up when a car is ordered and the VON is created. With no contract you can cancel the order at any time but you risk losing any deposit you put down.

You should also be able to make changes to the order (add and remove options) up to the point where the VIN is assigned, but this can delay your order if they reschedule your build due to parts availability. If I recall corretly, the VIN usually gets assigned a week or so before the car is built: the assembly plant confirms parts availability and scheduling, then batches their production orders and runs all the VINs for a week or two at once. Even after the VIN is assigned you can cancel your order with the dealer; the dealer then has the option of cancelling the order or taking the car and putting it on the lot with the rest of their cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List