Ignition Switch Problem? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Ignition Switch Problem?

I have an '06 Dodge Charger (SXT), and when I go to put my key in the ignition, if I turn it all the way to crank (on) as SOON as I put it in, nothing happens at all (like my electronics don't even cut on, nor does it start to crank), I have to turn the key back to off and do it again and it works (starts to crank), am I just doing it so fast it is slipping out of the key grip in the ignition or do I have a faulty ignition/key grip or what? It does this quite a bit but if I put it in the ignition then wait a millisecond and not turn the key quite so fast it cranks fine, am i just doing it too fast? It does this on occasion, quite a few times, but mostly only when I do it fast, doesn't affect anything else really, just bothersome. Any ideas? My problem or the cars? Again, everything else works fine and it doesn't affect anything.

Thanks!

Trevor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 01:00 PM

bump, any suggestions?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to optimus124 Send a message via Yahoo to optimus124
Sometimes when I'm in Knieval mode, I have a similar issue. The car starts to crank, but it does not turn over. It only happens when I am a little fast. You may just need to cool it down on the startup
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 PM

The PCM runs a few checks before it will allow you to start. If you try to start it to fast, it will just sit there and do nothing.

The V-6 seems to be a bit more effected by it. I believe there is TSB out for the condition.

Read the stated symptoms/conditions in the TSB and see it they match your problem. Remember, a code does not have to be present.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1803106.pdf

Last edited by Crow; 12-10-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned User

Like crow said it takes a second for the skeem system to read the key before it will allow you to start. Otherwise it doesnt see the chip/resistance in the key and it thinks your stealing your car. welcome to microsoft sxt
Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Ha ha, microsoft sxt, i love it. Anyways, thanks fellas, and I know chargers have a problem with tranny o rings, how do i know if mine is having the problem? just trying to stay on top of the game lol
Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlipbak View Post
I know chargers have a problem with tranny o rings, how do i know if mine is having the problem? just trying to stay on top of the game lol
When you see a red puddle under your car. Or, next time you do an oil change look at the underside of the tranny, if its dry, your OK. Just keep an eye on it at every oil change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.