check engine light is on - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 AM

check engine light is on

Hello to all, I took my 07 srt8 to the dealership today to fix have my tire fixed. i had a screw in it, so i figured i will have the oil changed. When i went to pick up my car, the service guy asked how long my check engine has been on. i told him never. so now my check engine light is on. do you guys think it has soemthing to do with my programmer. when i get home i will look for codes. any ideas would help. thanks to all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to elcobra44 Send a message via MSN to elcobra44
Did you do the key trick to get the engine code? Flip the key from on to off a few times without actually starting the car to get the error code displayed where your mileage is.

Didn't the dealer check the code for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 PM

i will go out and do the key trick.... no the dealer didnot see ehat the code is... they just said the light was on.... once i get the code where can i find out what it is
Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky73 View Post
i will go out and do the key trick.... no the dealer didnot see ehat the code is... they just said the light was on.... once i get the code where can i find out what it is
you mean to say you were at the dealer THE DEALER and a code showed and they didnt tell you what was wrong?

I would go back to that dealer and make them explain what the deal was.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 PM

i tried the key an nothing happened.... no code...... i will wait till i get home and see what the diablo says
Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 PM

they did not hook it up to find out what was wrong. they thought i new about it. i hope they did not do something to screw up my programming. all thay did was fix a flat and change the oil. what could thy have done to have the check engine light come on.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
they did not hook it up to find out what was wrong. they thought i new about it. i hope they did not do something to screw up my programming. all thay did was fix a flat and change the oil. what could thy have done to have the check engine light come on.
They should have done it right then and there. I would be calling the service manager and complain its redicoulus that the dealer would let the car go with the check engine light on unless you wanted to take your car home and didn't want them to look at it cause you still had you diablo program on it?....
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 PM

thay called me and said it was done so i said i will be there on my lunch break and as i was paying for the service is when they told me about the light. so i ok. so i will go home and see what it is and take it from there. i am hoping it is something stupid. i will not go back to that dealership.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Hmmm well if you didn't do anything to your car and you loaded the original settings why wouldn't you take it back?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
thay called me and said it was done so i said i will be there on my lunch break and as i was paying for the service is when they told me about the light. so i ok. so i will go home and see what it is and take it from there. i am hoping it is something stupid. i will not go back to that dealership.

it takes all of five min to hook up and read the codes from the car.... they could have done that. you just had a lazy arse tech working on your car.
hope they did the oil change right.
hmm not sure about our cars but it used to be stanard practice where ever you took your car in for an lube/oil change they check all the fluids. to check the trans fluid on the charger you need a starscan. that reads codes too...

make sure you did the key trick right to get the codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.