Brembo Paint Peeling Off - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Brembo Paint Peeling Off

As it says. The clear coat on my front brake caliper is peeling right off and now it almost looks pink. I just had the rotors/pads replaced by the dealership about 3 months ago and I noticed a couple chips which wasn't really a big deal. But now this and I'm at 14,000 miles which puts me out of warranty. Do I stand a chance with the dealership and getting them to replace the fronts?

Inferno 06 SRT8 - Options I,II,III - AFE Stg II - 180 deg Motorad - 20% Tint - BT Mopar Hood Emblem - BT Red Anodized Catch Can - Side Moldings Removed - Trunk Debadged - SRT8 Side Badges - Slotted Rotors - Posi Quiets - HID's Lows/Fogs 8000K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

if you use spray wheel cleaner on them it will bleach them-AND as far as clear on them THATS not correct. they are power coated. try and contact brembo and see what they say. also you can try to jack the car up and remove the wheels and claen them with soapy water and dry them-then use a soft rag and a mild cleaner wax to see if you can buff them back by hand. i'm not saying yours arent cleared/but i've never seen that before-being that they are power coated
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound@security View Post
if you use spray wheel cleaner on them it will bleach them-AND as far as clear on them THATS not correct. they are power coated. try and contact brembo and see what they say. also you can try to jack the car up and remove the wheels and claen them with soapy water and dry them-then use a soft rag and a mild cleaner wax to see if you can buff them back by hand. i'm not saying yours arent cleared/but i've never seen that before-being that they are power coated
I'll take some pics but there is a layer literally peeling off the top and the nice shiney glare is gone. About half of the caliper has peeled off. I've never used any sort of wheel cleaner except soap/water.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

mine are also coming off notice it about 2 or 3 weeks ago i never used any bleach or tire cleaners. just soap from what i used to wash the car. the maguires car/wash soap.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Have not needed wheel cleaner since the centrics went on.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasabi View Post
Have not needed wheel cleaner since the centrics went on.
I've never used any wheel cleaner on any of my vehicles. The centrics are great though and it still the best mod I've done. I'm just disappointed in the fact my front caliper looks like crap now. I'll see if the dealership takes care of it which I doubt and then look into getting them powder coated again.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:39 PM

I forgot how to even wash my wheels since the Centrics went on!!!!!!!!!!

I would call Dodge and send them some pics. Be nice at first then get firm if you have to based on what they tell you.
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.