EVIC installation? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Interior Discussion/Modifications Discussion about modification of the interior of the vehicle. Such as the addition of mp3 players, dash kits, etc.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta510 View Post
I got great news for all those that want the EVIC option!
I just got off the phone with my dealer and they said it is possible, I'm just looking to spend somewhere between 1,200- 1,5oo, somewhere around that ball park. I can't wait for taxes times to come around!
Hmm, does the dealership actually know what your talking about? From what I know it's not possible to install EVIC unless it's at the factory. I believe even an SRT guy has said before that you can't.

2006 Torred Daytona #524
Installed Mods: Mopower Shaker, Silverstar's Hi/Low/Fogs, Painted Calipers, R1 Slotted Rotors, Half Covers, ZOOMERS!
Quote:
Torque is the low-end muscle that gets you out of the blocks when the light turns green. It's the thrust that squashes you into the seat when you hammer the gas. Torque is good. Torque is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeG View Post
Hmm, does the dealership actually know what your talking about? From what I know it's not possible to install EVIC unless it's at the factory. I believe even an SRT guy has said before that you can't.
Dealers also say that it's not possible to add factory u-connect after the car leaves the factory; all that's possible with them is to install the aftermarket u-connect (the one that has a little doohickey stuck to your dashboard).

Some enterprising folks figured out how to actually do it and now you can even order a kit from moparsupercenter to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta510 View Post
I got great news for all those that want the EVIC option!
I just got off the phone with my dealer and they said it is possible, I'm just looking to spend somewhere between 1,200- 1,5oo, somewhere around that ball park. I can't wait for taxes times to come around!
If this really is possible, it would be very useful to get the complete list of parts needed (all of the modules, cables, etc.) since this comes up pretty regularly. I don't know if it's cost-effective to do, but just to make it possible would be a big step.

Let us know how it turns out.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 AM

I was just going to say that. They also said adding the EVIC to my Jeep was impossible but that proved to be as simple as putting in the module and connecting four wires to the data link connector under the dash. ANYTHING is possible in modern cars. If you really wanted to, you could make a Superbee flash screen show up on your EVIC, you just have to know the parts involved and do some reprogramming, but in the end it all comes down to replacing certain pieces. The difference between an R/T and an R/T with Electronics Convenience cannot be that vast. Just have to find out which computers, wires and parts to replace and do it, and then which parts need to be reprogrammed. After all, what if you were in an accident and those parts were ruined. Are they somehow not able to rebuild the car as a result? Come on.

Heavily modified and my signature won't hold them all anymore.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUthunder View Post
and WHY do you want it sooooo bad? I sure as hell wouldnt pay 1500 bucks for it. just get a dashhawk or something
I want it because its just a good feature to have, maybe its not something I really need, but I do want it. Don't people pay about 1,200+ for a ram air hood? Anyway, I know I should of done my homework more before buying the car, but I didn't. All I knew was SE, SXT, R/T, Daytona and SRT. Plus I did a trade in and I just couldn't afford too much. What's this dashhawk thing you mentioned?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 AM

http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html
Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 AM

I would rather put that $300 into finding out how to enable the factory EVIC rather than having something else hanging off my dash looking cluttered...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 AM

I'm with you on that on that one titan.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 AM

I'll tell you something else. Numerous people have talked about how it is impossible to use the sun sensor if it did not come with your car, but I was just looking at the pinout and it does not even interface with the CAN BUS! It's as simple as tracing where the wires go and hooking them in, it looks like.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I'll tell you something else. Numerous people have talked about how it is impossible to use the sun sensor if it did not come with your car, but I was just looking at the pinout and it does not even interface with the CAN BUS! It's as simple as tracing where the wires go and hooking them in, it looks like.
Are you saying that all of our cars are basically wired the same, just not with the hardware attached?
Top Banana #758 of 4000 Perf Mods: 180 T-Stat, Mopar LTH, MOPAR CAI, Corsa perf exhaust. Apperance mods: Hood struts, illuminated door sills, pistol grip shifter, billet door pins and billet headrest stoppers
Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Talking

Titan, give me some instrustions on how to do it, and I'll give it try later today and let you know the results
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.