Remote starter delay - shuts off then back on - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 AM

Remote starter delay - shuts off then back on

Ok i got a prestige 997 installed in my Car. when i remote start it... it starts up a second... shuts down then starts up again and runs. Any of you alarm pros know the exactly problem so i can have some knowledge before i go back to the alarm installer on saturday. It would lessen my downtime on my precious weekend hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

They probably didnt use a 'tach wire'. They pre programmed a 'crank time' (extremly lazy). Tell them to quit being lazy and run the tach wire. If youre having problems now, imagine when its super cold this winter. It might not start at all.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 PM

I had a Viper system installed and had same problem. My installer told me it was going to happen before it even began, explaining that the part that comes with the kit is an inferior piece. He ordered me a DEI antenna thingie (the wire that actually wraps around the ignition) and have not had an issue since.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:58 PM

My Charger: No it actually isn't
Send a message via AIM to ChargeRonDavinS
Mine does this too, but will occasionally start fine. Same problem?

Mortgage Professional - Indiana Florida Georgia
2012 F150 FX4 - 24s, 2 10's, Halos/LED Strips, Tinted LED Tails, Pioneer Navi, HIDs (Deathray variety), LED Kit
2013 Fusion Titanium - Tinted tails & Corners, LED strip, HIDs, LED kit, 15% Tint
2008 Explorer XLT 4x4 - 22" wheels, Pioneer AppRadio, Halos, HIDs, Etc[/COLOR]
Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 PM

yeah, sounds like he using the 12 volt feature instead of the tach wire. tell him you want the wire ran to the tach so it will start on the first crank

Charger SRT8 24"x 10"s, lambo doors, k&n cai, magnaflow exhuast, hid headlight & fogs, tinted tails, led interiors, viper 5900 remote start, 22elite leather console,
Old 08-26-2007, 11:04 PM

My Charger: No it actually isn't
Send a message via AIM to ChargeRonDavinS
Damn that means I lose my car for another month or two, maybe more. Needs all kinds of sh*T fixed
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to kg2140
Yup It's the Tach

Yes, its the Tach wire also has to do with the resistors. I had the same problem. But it's works perfect now.
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Silver Steel Metallic - Avic-Z1 7" flush screen with Carbon Fiber Bezel, XM Radio with Navtraffic, Bluetooth - Mopar Cold Air Intake - Daytona Color Matched Grille w/ Red R/T emblem - Mopar Hood Struts - Blinker Mod - Auto Headlight Mod - Viper 791XV alarm with autostart - Superchips Flashpaq Tuner - SRT-8 Spoiler - SRT Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.