1974 Charger and 1973 Road Runner - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Buy/Sell Section > Cars For Sale/Wanted

Cars For Sale/Wanted Have a car you need to sell? Are you looking to buy a car? Check here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SonicGT
1974 Charger and 1973 Road Runner

These cars are both in North Carolina so no rust, no bondo.

1974 Charger
318ci auto
Stock all number match 85k original miles
extra manual trans included
Asking 15k obo

1973 Road Runner
318ci auto
Stock all number match aprox 190k original miles
extra manual trans included
Asking 10k obo

Prices include extra parts (too many to list) for both vehicles, including possible motor for 1 vehicle.

PM me for details if interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2007, 08:32 PM

Very cool cars! If I had not of just bought a 67 Barracuda I might consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Shouldn't have spent so much on mods!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM1(FMF) View Post
Shouldn't have spent so much on mods!

Who?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCG charger View Post
Who?
Me - then I'd be able to buy one of these.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 PM

road runner

you need to do a little digging into the road runner! the smallest motor for road runners that year was the 340. if it has a power bump hood and the 318 it most likely is a satelite sport and is not worth that kind of money. and road runners never had a vinyl top unless it was a SE with leather seats and a colum shift-and that year road runner had the exhaust cut outs for the exhaust threw the rear valance panel. also check to see if it has a rear sway bar. whats the vin# i can run it and tell you the whole low down on when -were-and how it was built with what options. i have the a 1950 threw 06 chrysler decode book in my hands.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM

THey are both sweet rdes, that Charger is awesome.

D a n a

Thomas Alva Edison

Damn, I love my Charger!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound@security View Post
you need to do a little digging into the road runner! the smallest motor for road runners that year was the 340. if it has a power bump hood and the 318 it most likely is a satelite sport and is not worth that kind of money. and road runners never had a vinyl top unless it was a SE with leather seats and a colum shift-and that year road runner had the exhaust cut outs for the exhaust threw the rear valance panel. also check to see if it has a rear sway bar. whats the vin# i can run it and tell you the whole low down on when -were-and how it was built with what options. i have the a 1950 threw 06 chrysler decode book in my hands.
Respectfully, I'll suggest that YOU may need to do a little more "digging" in your VIN decode book ... I believe you may be interpreting it incorrectly, or there is a misprint.

I owned a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus during those years. It had the 400 CI "Magnum" engine, heavy-duty "sport" suspension, rear sway bar, bucket seats with the center console "slap-stick" auto-trans shifter, factory duel exhaust with the same chrome resonator tips found on the Road Runners/ GTX and Chargers produced at that time.

It also had a white vinyl roof (the car was brown) with the scripted words affixed behind the rear windows "Satellite Sebring Plus". It did not have the "power bump hood".

At the same time, my next-door neighbor owned a 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, red in color that was equipted exactly the same way that my Satellite was, with the exception that his did have the bump hood with the 318 CI engine with a 2-barrel carburetor. And Yes, it DID have a white vinyl top with an emblem of the cartoon "Road Runner" above the letters "PLYMOUTH" affixed on the vinyl behind the rear windows. He bought this car new from Chamblee Chrysler-Plymouth in Atlanta.

UPDATE: I just checked in my copy of "The Complete Story of Mopar Muscle" written by Robert Genat and David Newhardt, and it has a couple of interesting quotes that relates to this discussion ...

Page 153; "In 1973, the Plymouth Road Runner came standard with a 318-ci engine. Also available were optional 400- and 440-ci engines."

Page 154; "Chrysler became acutely aware of the pressure the insurance industry was placing on buyers of high-performance cars. Surcharges were added to policies whose holders (usually young males) purchased cars with engines over 350 ci. The accident rate for this age group has always been high, and ownership of a high performance vehicle only increased the probability of an accident---presumably, while street racing. To provide a car with plenty of image and decent performance, Chrysler included the 340-ci engine, rated at 275-horsepower, as an option on the Road Runner and Super Bee ... "

I do agree with you that this "Road Runner" for sale posted by "SonicGT" needs to be looked at very closely before shelling-out 10K by a prospective customer ... I'm highly suspicious that this could be a "clone" ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Buy/Sell Section > Cars For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.