Transmission Leak... - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right
 


Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
stealthrider's Avatar
stealthrider stealthrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wellsburg, WV
Posts: 1,503
Transmission Leak...

Well my R/T became the latest victim of the infamous O-Ring seal tranny leak. The car has 10415 miles on it and just 2 days ago I started to notice some fluid on the garage floor under the car. Took it in the my dealer this morning and sure enough it was the O-Ring that was leaking. They took care if it no problem and I'm on my way to pick her up now.

I wonder what percentage of our cars have had this issue?
__________________

2006 Inferno Red Charger R/T 2.063; 5.815; 8.907@78.56; 11.584; 13.839@99.63
Mods: Rear Wing; Honeycomb grill insert, R/T Badge; Chin Spoiler; 35% Window Tint; Blinker Mod; Hood Supports; AFE Stage 2 CAI; Quantum Blue Oil; Zoomers Cat-Backs; TCM re-flash; OEM Black Powder-Coated Rims; Mortorad 170 T-Stat; SuperChips Tuner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Gentleman Jack's Avatar
Gentleman Jack Gentleman Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA
Posts: 627
about 90% I'd wager. the other 10% just haven't started leaking yet.
__________________
Gentleman Jack
TOP BANANA #3001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
stealthrider's Avatar
stealthrider stealthrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wellsburg, WV
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
about 90% I'd wager. the other 10% just haven't started leaking yet.
...I tend to agree with you Gentleman Jack! It does seem like there are alot of guys having this issue. The dealer changed out the whole plug not just replaced the O-ring seals. I wonder does the replacement have a slight design change? Is this still an issue with the '07 Chargers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-06-2007, 02:14 PM
bone324's Avatar
bone324 bone324 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson
Posts: 417
So, are the replacement o-rings holding up? Or can I expect this to be a recurring issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-08-2007, 11:04 PM
2006MangoCharger-Oregon 2006MangoCharger-Oregon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 446
Can someone post a photo of the "O" ring/the effected area ?

No problems here yet.... but I would like to know what to watch for.

Thanks !

Craig
__________________
2006MangoCharger-Oregon #2219 of 4000
Cragar 610C's, Mopar CAI, HW Radar, painted mud guards, added emblems, added vinyl logos, DashMat, 69 Orange Daytona on Dash, Trunk Lid Mat, Daytona trunk carpet, 3rd Brake Light Flasher, Rear Facia Panel, Magnaflow Tips, Hood Props, Front Bra, DEI painted hood scoop, butterfly muffler removed. Zaino User. Member: Mid-Valley Mopars !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Mecha's Avatar
Mecha Mecha is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006MangoCharger-Oregon View Post
Can someone post a photo of the "O" ring/the effected area ?

No problems here yet.... but I would like to know what to watch for.

Thanks !

Craig

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
stealthrider's Avatar
stealthrider stealthrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wellsburg, WV
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone324 View Post
So, are the replacement o-rings holding up? Or can I expect this to be a recurring issue?
So far so good! I have not seen anyone post anything about the leak re-accruing after getting it fixed the first time. Then again not enough time may have past to really know.
__________________

2006 Inferno Red Charger R/T 2.063; 5.815; 8.907@78.56; 11.584; 13.839@99.63
Mods: Rear Wing; Honeycomb grill insert, R/T Badge; Chin Spoiler; 35% Window Tint; Blinker Mod; Hood Supports; AFE Stage 2 CAI; Quantum Blue Oil; Zoomers Cat-Backs; TCM re-flash; OEM Black Powder-Coated Rims; Mortorad 170 T-Stat; SuperChips Tuner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM
bone324's Avatar
bone324 bone324 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
So far so good! I have not seen anyone post anything about the leak re-accruing after getting it fixed the first time. Then again not enough time may have past to really know.
Good. I'm having mine replaced right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM
HICHARGER's Avatar
HICHARGER HICHARGER is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 55
My trans started to leak at about 14,000 miles, got the oring replaced and so far so good at about 18,000. Will be watching it carefully!
__________________
2006 Dodge Charger R/T, Road and Track, Black, Electornics Group, Protection Group,
Front Spoiler, Rear Spoiler/Painted, Rear Fascia, Daytona Grill, Red R/T Badges.
MODS:Mopar Headers, Superchips, Air Intake, & Borla Exhaust. SRT8 Wheels & Suspension
Cruising Honolulu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
mitch2656's Avatar
mitch2656 mitch2656 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8
I got a 06 R/T and it started leaking at the 3,000 mark.Had it fixed and so far no problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Reply

  Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission Leak Curz Charger Problems/Assistance 47 04-22-2009 07:05 AM
PIC Of Transmission Leak DaytonaTULSAoklahoma Charger Problems/Assistance 5 11-30-2008 05:37 PM
Transmission Leak! DCXer Charger Problems/Assistance 39 11-12-2007 01:10 PM
Transmission Leak ga charger General Charger Discussion 3 04-21-2007 03:32 PM
Transmission leak! TripleTransAm Off-Topic 5 11-26-2006 09:23 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© AutoGuide