Help! Check engine light after car got stuck in ice. - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM
waverip

(Thread Starter)
Help! Check engine light after car got stuck in ice. - UPDATE

Backing my car down my driveway, my brakes locked up and I ended up across the street in my neighbors driveway.

Due to sleet theirs about 4 inches of ice in each driveway. It took 30 minutes of rocking and such things to get out of my neighbors driveway. My car is currently halfway up mine but I now have a check engine light.

Any advice?

Last edited by waverip; 03-19-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Darkstar

Take it to the dealer and let them pull and diagnose the codes.....Louie
#3 Old 03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
TripleTransAm

I'm betting it's a software glitch. Rocking the car back and forth violently might have resulted in a brief situation where the PCM or TCM was misaligned with what the tranny was actually doing (since the tranny is still hydraulically actuated... there's always a certain amount of lag between what the PCM or TCM are ordering and what's actually happening in the tranny).

I'm betting the code will show something like "gear disagreement" or "invalid speed signal" or some other "help, I've lost track of what the heck was going on in the tranny" type of error. Let us know.

/Steve
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1978 Pontiac Trans Am 4-speed SE
2006 Daytona R/T Tor-Red (59 of 200 - Canadian)
#4 Old 03-19-2007, 04:30 PM
kawi14ninjaman

I know exactly what this is. I was stuck in the snow a month back, and had a similar thing happen. I took it to the dealer and they said that its hals brake control and that there is a TSB out on it. Take it there and they will have it back to new in an hour or less. All they do is re-flash hal. Thats what they told me anyways.

06 silver steel r/t, 06 ninja zx14
Borla 112 cat-back exhaust. Mopar lowering springs.
60'--- 2.083, 1/8--- 9.046@77.27mph
1/4----14.047@99.65mph
NEW Times! Byron dragway 10/27/07
#5 Old 03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
waverip

(Thread Starter)
Well. The car is still stuck in the middle of my driveway. I'll be taking it in the morning. I have a new dilemma.

The driver sides window is stuck halfway I'm going to assume that I was the primary cause of this. I can recall shutting my door just a tad bit roughly after my 20 minutes of rocking back and fourth.

Man, it's just not my day.

This is why angry people can't have nice things . Window is all covered now, BUT! It just started to hail/sleet again.

YIPPEE!
#6 Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Zandian

I had a similar problem and it was two codes. One was something to do with the wheel alignment (can't remember, thought it related to steering wheel alignment sensor.) The second was some sort of transmission warning saying that it had kicked into some protected mode while I was working back and forth trying to get out.

I read and cleared the codes with my Superchips Flashpaq and no problems since.

Zandian
#7 Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
banannaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi14ninjaman View Post
I know exactly what this is. I was stuck in the snow a month back, and had a similar thing happen. I took it to the dealer and they said that its hals brake control and that there is a TSB out on it. Take it there and they will have it back to new in an hour or less. All they do is re-flash hal. Thats what they told me anyways.
happened to me too, this is what they said and had it back in a few hours.

*********2006 Top Bananna 1545/4000*********
#8 Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
LILGTO

Previous stuck in the snow info

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverip View Post
Backing my car down my driveway, my brakes locked up and I ended up across the street in my neighbors driveway.

Due to sleet theirs about 4 inches of ice in each driveway. It took 30 minutes of rocking and such things to get out of my neighbors driveway. My car is currently halfway up mine but I now have a check engine light.

Any advice?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILGTO
Got stuck in the snow trying to get into my drive this evening as we are having a pretty good storm here in Ohio. Started rocking the car back and forth and forgot to turn off the ESP. I then shut the ESP off and rocked some more. Got it unstuck but noticed the OBD engine light is on. Car seems fine though. I think that the car just needs to recycle itself to get the light to go off. Can anyone advise about this OBD light? Will it recycle or do I need to get the dealer involved? Appreciate your thoughts. Thought I read a thread on this one before, but could not locate one.

Here is what went down with the Engine light. The problem code was: P0573 = Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Circuit High. Decided not to pull FUSE 11 just to see what the car would do on its own. Drove the car to work with the light on for 3 days, or 3 driving cycles. During this time frame, the CRUISE could be turned on, but would not set. On the 4th morning when I started the car up, no more engine light! The CRUISE also started to work as normal. Other than CRUISE not working for those 3 days, the car ran great with no additional problems or symptoms. Stupid light!

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T (5.7L - 345 CID) - DOB: 4/27/06 @ 19:00 hrs - $35,010.00
1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (T/A 6.6 - 400 CID) - DOB: 3rd Week of February, 1979 - $8,217.55
1965 Pontiac LeMans Hardtop Coupe w/GTO Option (6.5L - 389 CID) - DOB: 4th Week of February, 1965 - $3,279.98

Tor Red # 0069 - 2000
#9 Old 03-20-2007, 11:53 AM
ManGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILGTO View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILGTO
Got stuck in the snow trying to get into my drive this evening as we are having a pretty good storm here in Ohio. Started rocking the car back and forth and forgot to turn off the ESP. I then shut the ESP off and rocked some more. Got it unstuck but noticed the OBD engine light is on. Car seems fine though. I think that the car just needs to recycle itself to get the light to go off. Can anyone advise about this OBD light? Will it recycle or do I need to get the dealer involved? Appreciate your thoughts. Thought I read a thread on this one before, but could not locate one.

Here is what went down with the Engine light. The problem code was: P0573 = Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Circuit High. Decided not to pull FUSE 11 just to see what the car would do on its own. Drove the car to work with the light on for 3 days, or 3 driving cycles. During this time frame, the CRUISE could be turned on, but would not set. On the 4th morning when I started the car up, no more engine light! The CRUISE also started to work as normal. Other than CRUISE not working for those 3 days, the car ran great with no additional problems or symptoms. Stupid light!

did the same thing, got the same code, lost cruise for 4 days, Forgot to buy a tshirt!

Former owner of GoMango! #2633
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List