Police Pursuit Chargers? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > General Charger Forums > Dodge Charger News

Dodge Charger News News announcements related to the Dodge Charger, or Dodge Charger Forums goes in here. Note: Only administrators may START threads in this section.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Police Pursuit Chargers?

Dodge Charger pursues high-speed police market; vehicle production advantages touted
RICK KRANZ | Automotive News
Posted Date: 5/26/05

Dodge says it can fill orders for 2006 Charger police cars quickly because the vehicles can be built one at a time rather than in batches.

Depending on price, that assembly method could give Dodge a sales edge. Production begins in the fourth quarter.

"We won't build the cars in batch form," said Craig Love, vice president of Chrysler's rear-wheel-drive product team. That's because police versions will not differ significantly from upscale Chargers.

Full Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 05:07 AM

Re: Police Pursuit Chargers?

Well August is when the police cars are to start production.

here's the new Charger squad brouchure from Fleet; scroll down to the last 2 pics and click on each. There is an enlarge feature below (says something like download orignal picture)

public.fotki.com/copcardo...ure/dodge/

Here's a pre-production Charger squad in Maryland:

www.copcar.com/month.htm

It will be nice to see the new dog-dish

So the column shifter will have AutoStick toggle control and I bet it will be UP and DOWN in the direction I'm used to like my 94 Impala SS and 75 and 78 Dodge B-bodies (not to mention my poor 78 Malibu which was destroyed in 1998). I wonder how tough it will be to adapt this system to an R/T or SRT8 becuase I like the UP DOWN instead ofLEFT RIGHT.

PS why can I not start a new Thread from the forum index, I had to find an old thread to reply too; it says I don't have permission...
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Becuase those threads are the ones that are in the center when you pull up the main page, only Admins can start those.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:34 PM

I did not no this. So I can start a new thread in GENERAL DISCUSSION but not DODGE CHARGER NEWS. I guess I thought since August police build was news I would put it there.

I could have sworn I used to be able to start threads in the NEWS section or was that back in 2004/2003.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Or point the link out specifically to an admin and ask them to do it.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:38 PM

Department of Public Safety (DPS), Texas, is in receipt of or already has twenty Charger units for testing purposes. Don't exactly know how they're equipped. Daytona owners beware.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 PM

These Chargers may see their first severe duty applications in Hurricane Rita operations.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 PM

I have heard that over 10,000 orders for the Dodge Charger AHB Pursuits/Interceptors have been received. Michigan State Police should be done with their tests and next month the Los Angeles Police Dept/ Los Angeles County Sheriff and the California Highway Patrol will be testing these cars soon. Will not be surprised that the CHP will pick the Dodge Charger Hemi AHB Interceptors over the Ford Crown Victoria for their new battlecruisers. I highly suspect that the Charger AHB HEMI will be the fastest four door sedan ever built, passing the 1969 Dodge Polara A38 Interceptor with a 440 Magnum 4bbl 375 hp 480 ft pds of torque that did 147 mph in the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea Michigan. (yes, that 4700lb squad with disc/drum brakes and aerodynamics of a cinder block!)
Old 09-23-2005, 10:25 PM

Let me clarify my statement above: AHB is a police package code used for years in the Chrysler camp now. A38 is the old code for police package before 1981. Dodge Charger Pursuit is the 3.5 liter V6 with 250 hp - 250 ft pds of torque. Dodge Charger Interceptor is the HEMI 5.7 liter with 350 hp 390 ft pds of torque. Unlike the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that is chipped no higher that 130mph, the Charger AHB should hit 150 plus.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:46 PM

Oh by the way, don't be surprised that some of the troopers/police officers driving the Crown Victorias/ Impalas have a bumper sticker saying "MY NEXT POLICE CAR IS GONNA HAVE A HEMI!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > General Charger Forums > Dodge Charger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.