All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out - Dodge Charger Forums

post #1 of 36 Old 12-07-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
AutoGuide.com

(Thread Starter)
All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out

Quote:
In what might be one of the most sacrilegious automotive things that many drivers secretly want, Dodge has confirmed that an all-wheel-drive Dodge Challenger GT will arrive in early 2017.

The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will become the very first two-door muscle car with AWD, and it will be available at dealerships in the first quarter of 2017 with production starting in January. The newChallenger GT will surely be a hit with muscle car fans who have to deal with inclement weather, with the AWD system turning the coupe into an all-seasons slayer.

The AWD system in the Challenger GT is the same one that’s found in the Charger, which means it has an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect, which means under normal circumstances, the rear wheels are driven with 100 percent of the torque going to the rear axle until the car detects that more traction is needed, at which point it engages the front axle.

Fortunately, the Challenger GT will also come with a Super Trak Pak button that activates launch control and other performance apps. The GT will also feature three-mode ESC with a full-off mode, which means excellent snow donuts.

Unfortunately, the AWD version of the muscle car will not be available with a V8 or a manualtransmission. Power for the Challenger GT will be provided by a 3.6-liter V6 delivering 305 horsepower and 286 pound-feet of torque, which will be sent to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission (paddle shifters are also standard). Fuel economy for the Dodge Challenger GT is estimated to be 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.

The Challenger GT sits on 19-inch HyperBlack aluminum wheels and all-season performance tires. Projector fog lamps, rear park assist, heated and ventilated front seats, heated/powered tilt and telescopic steering wheel, an 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a backup camera also come standard.

The all-wheel-drive 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will start at $33,395 in the U.S. and $38,545 in Canada (both prices exclude destination fees).
Read more about the All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 12-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Stevens12

I saw one at the Carlisle all Chrysler nationals and it was pretty sweet! I think this is a good move but will be to a limited market because of the 2 doors. Still like the idea alot!

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter
post #3 of 36 Old 12-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Slidd

Will still sell pretty well I bet, Tim Kuniskis said there are 19 states where the AWD Charger outsells the RWD, that was a surprise to me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2016 Challenger SRT 392 - A8, Technology Group

post #4 of 36 Old 12-07-2016, 08:01 PM
10RTawd

Garage
Not pairing it with the Hemi is a HUGE mistake.... again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 36 Old 12-07-2016, 11:42 PM
JCE

I like it. It fills a void in the market for those who want the look of a coupe and driving dynamics of a RWD platform while getting all the benefits of that brilliant AWD when needed. Plus I think the 3.6 is more than enough for their target market especially with that extra torque. How'd they get 286lb.ft? Makes my puny 260 seem weak. I wonder what the acceleration numbers will be?

Last edited by JCE; 12-07-2016 at 11:44 PM.
post #6 of 36 Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 AM
Mr. McGuire
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Awesome! This will be a game changer for the competitors as well.

Thank you for the help, greatly appreciated.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar" (Vanishing Point - 1971)

Follow my instagram " mainstreetmaverick" and Twitter " Main Street Maverick. Youtube "Mr. McGuire my personal channel and "Main street Maverick for the vlog, blog channel (still under construction)
post #7 of 36 Old 12-08-2016, 04:56 AM
Mangoman

Needs 2 turbos to REALLY be fun! GTR killer anyone?
post #8 of 36 Old 12-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Ron380

Garage
I really enjoyed my V6/AWD Charger, but I don't see how they can call it a GT Muscle Car with only the V6 in it.

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8.
post #9 of 36 Old 12-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Mangoman

Unless it has 2 turbos!
post #10 of 36 Old 12-08-2016, 08:56 AM
FlyersHockey

Not really impressed. It at least needs the 5.7 as an option. I can't really seeing it being a big hit with anyone other than soccer mom's having a mid-life crisis and their husbands not wanting them to have a lot of hp. I see more R/T and SRT Challengers than V6's. We have the 3.6 Chargers for work, and every now and again I'll give it a little gas and wonder when it's going to go.

*Traded* 2010 Charger R/T AWD. Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl exterior, black leather interior, front chin spoiler, Flowmaster Original 40's, tinted windows.

*Current* 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee. Black. Flowmaster Super 40's, and 20% tint all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > General Charger Forums > Dodge Charger News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List