How do you open your gas door? - Page 4 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Thats gay. How hard is it to get out and pump your own gas?

How much is it per gallon?

Do you tip?

And I wouldn't trust the guy filling me up. Probably would just let the gas cap drop onto the paint, and not properly close it and....

he doesn't really have a choice, in some states (I guess NJ being one of them) you ARE NOT ALLOWED to pump your own gas. To be honest I think this is a great idea, because I can't tell you the all stupid sh!t i've seen people do when they try and pump their own gas.

1. forget to take nozzle out... drive away
2. forget which side their filler is and then pull with all their might to get the nozzle to stretch to it
3. Smoke while filling
4. Leave car running
5. Lots of other stuff I've forgotten

I once had to yell at a pair of EMT's (drove for the local firestation) to not smoke by the pump. If you have to tell people who work out of a fire station to not smoke by a pump then who can you trust to not smoke near one?

\\rant over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned User

i simply use a magnet
Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 PM

I get about five feet away from my car and throw rocks (that I keep in my pockets at all times) at the fuel door! eventually someone sees what I'm doing and comes over and opens it for me.
chrome billet grille, silverstar (highs/lows/fogs),auto headlight mod, blinker mod, hood supports, glove box light, K&N air filter, 15% tint, deleted side moldings, LED interior/trunk/licence plate, hood lamp w/LED. brylcreem exhauast mod, ESP delete mod, grille lighting mod
Old 02-07-2007, 07:19 PM

On the first fill up I looked all over for the handle to open the fuel door. I then pushed on one corner of the door and it opened. I also push on the corner with a knuckle so I don't get finger prints all over it.
Mods: 20% Window tint, Rear diffuser, 20" Boyds Wheels, 255/45R20 Nitto Tires, Carbon Fiber Engine dress up kit, Ghost Flames,Painted engine cover
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 PM

luckily I tried opening the gas door before going to the gas station. I was looking for a release button/handle as well. I was looking for about 2 minutes while my younger brother just pushed on it and it poped open.

I hate the gas cap though. you can't even get a full twist with it when you put it back on. you just get a half assed twist and then you hear the nasty CLICK sound...makes me think something broke.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 PM

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogg57 View Post
I get about five feet away from my car and throw rocks (that I keep in my pockets at all times) at the fuel door! eventually someone sees what I'm doing and comes over and opens it for me.
LMAO!!

I make a right turn with heavy acceleration into the stall then hit the brakes as hard as I can. The mometum swings the door open so I don't have to touch it.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
I call roadside assistance and have them meet me at the gas station to open the filler door. They're experts on these cars, you know.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Thats gay. How hard is it to get out and pump your own gas?

How much is it per gallon?

Do you tip?

And I wouldn't trust the guy filling me up. Probably would just let the gas cap drop onto the paint, and not properly close it and....
LOL.. NJ is a full serve state, and I love it! When travaling, I always fill up right before crossing the state line.

In NJ, gas is relativley cheap, cheaper than self serve in NY and PA. A few years ago, we had the cheapest gas in the country -- and that was with full serve only.

I don't normally tip, unless the guy cleans my windshield (or it's really cold). Lately, they haven't been offering to clean the windshield unless I ask (which I don't)

In general, service in NJ is much faster than full serve in other states, because it is the norm. And, except for pay-at-the pump stations, it is faster than most stations where you need to wait in line to pay. At many stations, the attendent is standing at the pump when I drive up. I drive up with my window down, I call out "fill it with 89" and hand him may credit card before I get the car into park -- he will often have started to fill the tank sooner than I would have been able to do (i.e., by the time I put it in park, turn it off, take off my seatbelt, get out.. he already has the gas flowing)
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 AM

I prefer to fill my car up maself. Those gas station attendants do not care about your car and will do something to scratch the paint or something like that that I do not like. They can get finger prints all over your car too. I avoid filling up in NJ at all costs. Though I am rarely in NJ anyway.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Neonwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by red35 View Post
I make a right turn with heavy acceleration into the stall then hit the brakes as hard as I can. The mometum swings the door open so I don't have to touch it.
I'm trying that tonight!
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.