Center console removal? - Dodge Charger Forums
Interior Discussion/Modifications Discussion about modification of the interior of the vehicle. Such as the addition of mp3 players, dash kits, etc.

#1 Old 01-27-2007, 04:41 PM
air3medic

(Thread Starter)
Center console removal?

Trying to come up with a mod to mount my GPS, but to do what I think I want to do I have to remove the center console. If it works, obviously I'll post pics and info about it but until then then cat is in staying in the bag .....

So .... I figured out the screws under the rubber just beneath the front cigarette lighter, I know how to remove the 2 trim pieces around the shifter, I know there are 3 screws that hold the rear down in the storage compartment under the rubber tray BUT how to you actually get the front passenger and driver sides to release? Are there clips or screws that I couldn'd find? I can lift the console up, but it is attached to the front on both sides by the Jedi force or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

On another note ... does anyone know how to remove the front ashtray? The power connecter seems to prevent it from coming all the way out. Once the 2 trim pieces around the shifter are out I can see up under it where the power goes in but I couldn't figure out how to remove that either. Couldn't see any clips like you had to pull back like the side-marker mods, but it wouldn't pull straight out either. Again, any help here would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Green_Manalishi

You have to remove the ashtray to access the front two screws.

#3 Old 01-28-2007, 07:41 AM
luvnmyRT

Great information.......obviously you have the bomb of a manual! Is that something available for purchase somewhere or are you dealer/service affiliated?

Could we get a PDF version of it on the site for all to use??

again thanks for the detailed help......I was thinking bout the ESP mod today and didn't know where to start!

2006 R/T Road & Track
Ram Air Hood, Custom Paint, 22" KMC Wheels,
Electronic Cutouts, Custom Engine Cover,

"So Many Mods...So little Money"

#4 Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Green_Manalishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmyRT View Post
Great information.......obviously you have the bomb of a manual! Is that something available for purchase somewhere or are you dealer/service affiliated?

Could we get a PDF version of it on the site for all to use??
It's here for everyone to use! http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...=owners+manual

Quote:
are you dealer/service affiliated?
Check my avatar...
#5 Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 PM
luvnmyRT

ahhh performing the ultimate service....thank you for keeping the highways safe in TX!
I couldn't respect the job you do more! Be safe!
#6 Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Green_Manalishi

Quote:
ahhh performing the ultimate service....thank you for keeping the highways safe in TX!
I couldn't respect the job you do more! Be safe!
Thank you, sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List