Need help: fog light bulb replacement. - Dodge Charger Forums
Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
sanim_x

(Thread Starter)
Need help: fog light bulb replacement.

I know this is probably a dumb question but oh well. I just got my charger about 2 months ago and one of the fog lights needs a replacement bulb. I have the bulb and refuse to pay the $50 to Dodge to change it. I assume it has something to do with pulling the fender back but anybody have a little more in depth approach to just changing the bulb? Anything would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

-Curtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
wattsg

Here's a link to a similar thread...hope this helps.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20536

G

post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
srt8charger06

Send a message via Yahoo to srt8charger06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanim_x View Post
I know this is probably a dumb question but oh well. I just got my charger about 2 months ago and one of the fog lights needs a replacement bulb. I have the bulb and refuse to pay the $50 to Dodge to change it. I assume it has something to do with pulling the fender back but anybody have a little more in depth approach to just changing the bulb? Anything would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

-Curtis
Curtis, If your car is only 2 months old, That bulb should be covered under your 3/36 warranty. Shouldn't cost you anything to replace it. I would try a different dealer or ask to speak to the service manager.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
sanim_x

(Thread Starter)
Thanks a ton guys. Actually I got the car 2 months ago from someone in NC who bought it brand new (I live in GA), so that's why the warranty won't work. Over xmas break I was sitting at a red light and, surprise surprise, a lady "got her foot stuck on the gas" and hit me totalling my bmw. Loving my charger though! Thanks for everything!
post #5 of 6 Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Daytona # 77
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Silverstars

I replaced all 6 bulb with silverstars and the lower fog lights were easily changed with lower air dam removed. All six bulbs were only $120. What a difference!! Lower air dam comes off with a couple of push pins and few screw bolts.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
R/TommyB

Send a message via AIM to R/TommyB Send a message via Yahoo to R/TommyB
^^^^^^^^
What he said.
Do a search of the forums. There is a lot of good information on this this already: how to swap, what bulbs to use, who to buy from.
If you are having a tough time narrowing down the threads in the search, use my name as a filter. I've posted in several of the really helpful bulb swap threads.

'06 'Mango
Mopar CAI + Bassani, Auto headlight module; Rockblocker tails, and fogs; Ultimate Pedals, 22elite center console cover, Mango calipers, EBC 3GD rotors with Red Stuff pads, Razor's Edge strut tower brace, Anzo Halos, BT Underhood Kit, Beehives, & Coil Covers, and Predator.
'04 Crossfire LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

User Tag List