Need help: fog light bulb replacement. - Dodge Charger Forums
Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

#1 Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM
sanim_x

(Thread Starter)
Need help: fog light bulb replacement.

I know this is probably a dumb question but oh well. I just got my charger about 2 months ago and one of the fog lights needs a replacement bulb. I have the bulb and refuse to pay the $50 to Dodge to change it. I assume it has something to do with pulling the fender back but anybody have a little more in depth approach to just changing the bulb? Anything would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

-Curtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
wattsg

Here's a link to a similar thread...hope this helps.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20536

G

#3 Old 01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
srt8charger06

Send a message via Yahoo to srt8charger06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanim_x View Post
I know this is probably a dumb question but oh well. I just got my charger about 2 months ago and one of the fog lights needs a replacement bulb. I have the bulb and refuse to pay the $50 to Dodge to change it. I assume it has something to do with pulling the fender back but anybody have a little more in depth approach to just changing the bulb? Anything would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

-Curtis
Curtis, If your car is only 2 months old, That bulb should be covered under your 3/36 warranty. Shouldn't cost you anything to replace it. I would try a different dealer or ask to speak to the service manager.
#4 Old 01-26-2007, 03:46 PM
sanim_x

(Thread Starter)
Thanks a ton guys. Actually I got the car 2 months ago from someone in NC who bought it brand new (I live in GA), so that's why the warranty won't work. Over xmas break I was sitting at a red light and, surprise surprise, a lady "got her foot stuck on the gas" and hit me totalling my bmw. Loving my charger though! Thanks for everything!
#5 Old 01-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Daytona # 77
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Silverstars

I replaced all 6 bulb with silverstars and the lower fog lights were easily changed with lower air dam removed. All six bulbs were only $120. What a difference!! Lower air dam comes off with a couple of push pins and few screw bolts.
#6 Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
R/TommyB

Send a message via AIM to R/TommyB Send a message via Yahoo to R/TommyB
^^^^^^^^
What he said.
Do a search of the forums. There is a lot of good information on this this already: how to swap, what bulbs to use, who to buy from.
If you are having a tough time narrowing down the threads in the search, use my name as a filter. I've posted in several of the really helpful bulb swap threads.

'06 'Mango
Mopar CAI + Bassani, Auto headlight module; Rockblocker tails, and fogs; Ultimate Pedals, 22elite center console cover, Mango calipers, EBC 3GD rotors with Red Stuff pads, Razor's Edge strut tower brace, Anzo Halos, BT Underhood Kit, Beehives, & Coil Covers, and Predator.
'04 Crossfire LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List