Transmission Leak - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to Curz
Transmission Leak

Yea, another thread on it

Do the 5.7 and 6.1 share the same tranny? I dont know if Ive heard of another 6.1 having this issue but mine does now. Within a 3 day period since it was parked left a puddle of the red stuff 6 inches in diameter. Im really disappointed about this considering the car is 9 months old. This kind of quality issue does damange to the brand name and it speaks to lack of attention to detail. I realize its probably just a .25 rubber washer or whatever but its unsat - very disappointing for a 40k car thats 9 months old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 AM

Same trans in SRT......just very slight modification...and someone posted an SRT leaking yesterday...I am going to do preventative maint...My dealer will be installing my PP heads next week so I am just going to have him change the seal and save cleaning up the puddle...
..2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO.....426 ARRINGTON STOKER TUNED BY HEMITUNER....LMI TRUE CAI....API CUSTOM CAM...6.1 ALUMINUM INTAKE....3.23 GETRAG GEARS BY BFNY PERFORMANCE....87MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY BY MODERN MUSCLE....

PB ET: 11.674 @ 118.32MPH 1.602 SIXTY FT WITH 305/35/20 MT DR....TRACK TEMP 98* WITH 2500+DA..
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curz View Post
Yea, another thread on it

Do the 5.7 and 6.1 share the same tranny? I dont know if Ive heard of another 6.1 having this issue but mine does now. Within a 3 day period since it was parked left a puddle of the red stuff 6 inches in diameter. Im really disappointed about this considering the car is 9 months old. This kind of quality issue does damange to the brand name and it speaks to lack of attention to detail. I realize its probably just a .25 rubber washer or whatever but its unsat - very disappointing for a 40k car thats 9 months old
It's beacuse you're a very bad person.

What TN said... same tranny with (externally) minor mods.

There are 10 possibilities:
you either understand binary, or you don't.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:43 AM

I found the infamous tranny fluid puddle under my SRT-8 this morning.
SOLD - 2006 Charger SRT-8 - Bright Silver Metallic; Option Groups I, II, & III; Power Sunroof; Performance Tires; Clear Shield Paint Protection Film; Mopar CAI; Centric Posi-Quiet Brake Pads; Silverstar Headlights; '08 Challenger HEMI Nameplates.

I drive in snow!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to giznome
I'm sure there's more threads on this, but I'm already here, so, which seal is it. I noticed my leak while putting my headers on. It seems to be coming from around the front right corner. Looks like a sensor or something there, with a round plastic ring. Is it the pan gasket, I just want to be prepared so I can tell the dealer what they need to fix, because they're not going to want to.
Charger R/T with Road & Track Performance group*K&N Aircharger CAI*JBA Headers*JBA mid pipes w/high flow cats*Bassani stainless cat-back*Superchips Flashpaq*170 thermostat*Mopar Remote Start*Silverstar Low-Beams*22Elite Leather Console Cover*Hood Struts*Misc. Billet Technologies polished knobs*319hp, 361tq on Dynomax Dyno(B4 headers)13.98@99.36(1st time out w/this car)8.91@80.5 @ the Q

Last edited by giznome; 12-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giznome View Post
I'm sure there's more threads on this, but I'm already here, so, whih seal is it. I notied my leak while putting my headers on. It seams to be oming from around the front right corner. Looks like a sensor or something there, with a round plastic ring. Is it the pan gasket, I just want to be prepared so I can tell the dealer what they need to fix, because they're not going to want to.
That's the TCM harness connector, which has an o-ring seal which is USUALLY the culprit, which I've got an arrow pointing at here:
Old 12-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiChemi View Post
That's the TCM harness connector, which has an o-ring seal which is USUALLY the culprit, which I've got an arrow pointing at here:
Well I just did my 18k oil change and noticed mine has finally sprung the leak as well, same spot you have pointed out Chemi.
Mine has a little more fluid than your pic shows but it hasn't left any major spots yet. Time to see Greenbriar Dodge on Thursday!
Old 12-10-2006, 03:33 PM

I too had the transleak....but its not telling how long...I started to notice small little things in the way the car would shift and such very minor. Anyhoot I had 3 o-rings and it looks like they flushed out the ATF+4 with all brand new fluid. It drives much better now
Old 12-10-2006, 03:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Moparrbust
I just noticed mine is leaking today when I did my first oil change...............looks like I'll be bringing another TSB to the dealer.
1989 Dodge D50 4x4 Turbo project
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Leak

My SXT has a damb leak as well, took it to dodge and got her fixed the other day, i think thats the 3rd warranty **** that i have had to do and its got 7,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.