Any info on the Mopar 5.7 stage 1 power levels? - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 10-31-2006, 03:19 PM
ACX

(Thread Starter)
Any info on the Mopar 5.7 stage 1 power levels?

Sort of news to me, and I was wondering if anyone knew what power levels they are claiming.

Quote:
Mopar is launching a new 5.7L HEMI Stage 1 Upgrade Kit to make the engine even hotter. Features include:

* Street Performance Camshaft and Lifter Kit (P5153570) — designed for 2005–06 Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum R/T, Dodge Charger R/T.
* Transmission Controller Upgrade (P5153332) — optimized shift schedule works with our Street Performance cam, higher shift points and AutoStick® control.
* Powertrain Controller Upgrade (P5153331) — features optimized fueling and spark settings to take full advantage of the 5.7L Hemi Performance Camshaft (P5153325) included in the Performance Camshaft and Lifters Kit.
* Cold Air Intake System (77060003) — forces colder, denser air into the combustion chambers for added power. Designed for 2004–06 5.7L Hemi.
* Exhaust Headers (P5153456) — these extra-long headers result in an estimated 14-to-17 horsepower gain when used with catalytic converters. For use with 2005-2006 Chrysler 300C, Dodge Charger R/T and Dodge Magnum R/T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
priest79

is the kit even for sale yet????? I have not seen it anywhere for sale yet. If so where and how much??? does it come as a kit or do u have to buy it all seperately and the kit just lets you know what mods to do.
#3 Old 10-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Bigphil

i could really go for a cam/lifter and header package. i can always beg for christmas........
#4 Old 10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
kennyR/T

Send a message via AIM to kennyR/T
wow i would love this

2006 charger R/T
(taken out of context)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
I don't know, a fast deisel is like having sex with fat chick. Sure it's sex, but you don't want your friends to see you.
#5 Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
ACX

(Thread Starter)
this kit I guess is being pimped over at the SEMA show.

I was not sure how NEW this was in terms of news or availability.

Seems cool to finally have a reflashed pcm straight from MOPAR.

Just heard the news and thought I'd drop it here.
#6 Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Bigphil

whats a guess on price? somewhere near a turbo or supercharger?
#7 Old 10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
ACX

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigphil View Post
whats a guess on price? somewhere near a turbo or supercharger?
not sure dude. As soon as I know, I'll let all of you guys know.

I just read it and was pretty pumped to see ma mopar getting on board here. If the pcm is anything like my old srt4 one.. jeez it was like 400 canadian dollars.

Either way I can't wait to see some more details.
#8 Old 10-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Bigphil

Im also happy to see something like this. This is the perfect package to set the car off. I couldnt see doing much else after this, especially since i dont want to fool around with a turbo or supercharger. Plus this all be warrantied if the dealer put it on.
#9 Old 10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Dan

It disables MDS which is sort of a bummer to me. It helps on long freeway trips.

I assume this is the same package as this one. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11653

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8
Current mods: D-1SC Procharger HO, SRT Max cam, Inertia Performance heads, MM ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, Paramount 4000 TC, TranZformer, Magnaflow midpipes with high flow cats, D1S HID's, Parrot Asteroid Smart head unit, backup cam, BT catch can, 180 tstat, Getrag rear, Zeitronix ZT-2 AFR and boost gauge, Hotchkis anti-sway bars, Razor's Edge shock tower brace, Danko chin spoiler. Installed by Troy @ Ding's Auto. Tuned by Johan.
#10 Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Bigphil

If the horsepower gain is high enough i will happily kiss mds goodbye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List