Updated EVIC Software - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Shhnappa

(Thread Starter)
Updated EVIC Software

Need some help. I know there is an updated version of the EVIC software out there, but my dealer does not know where to locate it. Does anyone know where they can find it, or does anyone have a service update #, or some sort of number the dealer can look up. Thanks in advance for your help.

'06 Charger Daytona #1363 in Go ManGo
Del. Date 10/31/05 - Halloween
Car Name: BOO
Photo: Mini Me & BOO
***MODS***
Pioneer AVIC N2
DVD/XM/GPS
iPod Interface
Pioneer Spkrs
Hood Pistons
Auto Headlights
Factory Auto Dim Rearview Mirror
LED Interior & Trunk Bulbs
Remote Starter Using Factory Fob
Mopar CAI
Charger Sills w/Power Bypass
Painted FT & RR "Salt & Sand" Flaps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-14-2006, 10:25 AM
TNCHARGER

There is a newer version on the 07 cars including the SuperBees but I have not heard of any update for the 06 cars...my service mgr checked with 2 DC engineers concerning upgrading the 06 version with the 07 features...at this point they said it could not be done but said there may be a flash update later...The engineers said the EVIC is made by an outside vendor so either DC would have to request the flash or the vendor offer it themselves...
#3 Old 10-14-2006, 11:27 AM
dlyle

I don't have it with me but I've posted it here several times. Do a search under EVIC or 0-60 and you should find it. If not that look at some of my posts on Super Bee and you'll find it.

2007 Super Bee Charger #164
#4 Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Shhnappa

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
There is a newer version on the 07 cars including the SuperBees but I have not heard of any update for the 06 cars...my service mgr checked with 2 DC engineers concerning upgrading the 06 version with the 07 features...at this point they said it could not be done but said there may be a flash update later...The engineers said the EVIC is made by an outside vendor so either DC would have to request the flash or the vendor offer it themselves...
I searched and search, because I remember reading about this and found this thread, this subject starts on post # 8, but for some reason, my dealer can seem to find anything on this, let me know what you think.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ht=evic+update
#5 Old 10-15-2006, 09:28 AM
TNCHARGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhnappa View Post
I searched and search, because I remember reading about this and found this thread, this subject starts on post # 8, but for some reason, my dealer can seem to find anything on this, let me know what you think.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ht=evic+update
There may have been some update flashes for earlier cars...the mangos were built about a year ago...looks like the only thing it did was to allow him to adjust when his headlights would come on...I would not have the dealer flash it unless there was a TSB on it or you are having some problem. If your dealer did a TSB search with your SN and did not find anything then you do not need it.

BTW..mine is version 4.06...Oct build.

Last edited by TNCHARGER; 10-15-2006 at 09:31 AM.
#6 Old 10-15-2006, 08:18 PM
dlyle

Here it is again. There are several other thread about people trying to upgrade their EVIC.

CCN software info
6/28/06 V 5.34
pn 04844687AE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	11435  
#7 Old 10-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Silver Charger R/T

Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Charger R/T
Evic Update

Man I Really Want The Update If It Will Give Me Digital Mph And Rpm Read Out In The Evic Display

Silver Charger R/T
2006 SILVER CHARER R/T,BD 6/06, ELECTRONIC CONVENIENCE GROUP, PROTECTION GROUP, R/T PER/PKG, SNRF,UCNT,SIRIUS, MODS:20"Cragar rims wrapped in TOYO PROXES S/T 255/45R20TIRES,TINTED WINDOWS,SRT SPOILER, BLINKER MOD,RAMAIR HD,HD STRUTS,180TSTAT,http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...n27th07_sm.flv
#8 Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM
FloorPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Charger R/T View Post
Man I Really Want The Update If It Will Give Me Digital Mph And Rpm Read Out In The Evic Display
My Mango Daytona had digital MPH and RPM in the evic display... yours doesn't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpkin001 View Post
A Predator is an alien that comes to earth to hunt California governors.
#9 Old 10-18-2006, 09:48 PM
choder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPizza View Post
My Mango Daytona had digital MPH and RPM in the evic display... yours doesn't??
As far as I know, the digital speedo only works if you put the EVIC into advanced mode (and I say advanced because I don't remember the proper name) where you have to hold down the Music Note and the Compass button for about 8 seconds before starting the car.

2006 Charger R/T | Black Crystal Pearlcoat

Mods: Trunk fix | Auto Headlights | Blinker Mod | Mouse House | Side moldings removed | Honeycomb Grille
#10 Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
jonnylippz

I was wondering myself how to get the digital speedo to work....it has been mentioned in a lot of threads. Will have to try that in the morning

Mods: Interior LED lighting;side mouldings removed;blinker mod;K&N Aircharger;rear debaged;Brylcreem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List