MAF vs Speed Density System - what's the difference? - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by falchulk View Post
On prinicipal I would agree.............but obviously thats not true if Fastmatt can get a 72rwhp increase from headers, heads and cam. No computer changes. It does seem to adapt and supply more fuel.
Based on that information, I'd have to agree! Do you have a link to the source for this (or should I just search for fastmatt threads)?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Based on that information, I'd have to agree! Do you have a link to the source for this (or should I just search for fastmatt threads)?
Most recent:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=22136
Old 09-20-2006, 09:01 AM

Ahhh - as I suspected it appears the fuel maps are being modified by the SC tuner. This isn't the same as letting a MAF system adjust the tune on the fly.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM

so in real laymens terms that a paramedic can understand. Does it pay to mod things like air intake exhuast and chip, or is it not going to do **** to the car with our speed density systems. Also is it true that chargers are run by fly by wire at the throttle.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by high888 View Post
I am not knocking the open air cone filter setups. When I installed one on my
mustang it gave it a real macho sound, which I liked. After which I dropped
the mufflers and went with cats only. That drowned out the intake noise entirely. When I mash the pedal on this SRT-8 it is quite loud with an all
stock set up. I am being very tempted to get one of the open cone designs
just to make me feel even more testosterone enhanced. That's what this is
all about, right.
yeah and they also make the engine compartment look prettier!

10.06 @ 140mph PWR forged 6.1 w/F1A Procharger @17psi / AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!
my real name is CHRIS
Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargermedic View Post
so in real laymens terms that a paramedic can understand. Does it pay to mod things like air intake exhuast and chip, or is it not going to do **** to the car with our speed density systems. Also is it true that chargers are run by fly by wire at the throttle.
Yes, it is worth is to mod your car with intake, exhaust, and especially a chip (which will encourage the speed density system to take advantage of your mods).

Yes, it is true that Chargers are run by fly by wire.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:

yes... at the srt track experience, the instructors at the drag simulation had the actual throttle assembly out of an lx car and it was definately "fly by wire"!!!!

10.06 @ 140mph PWR forged 6.1 w/F1A Procharger @17psi / AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!
my real name is CHRIS
Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Ahhh - as I suspected it appears the fuel maps are being modified by the SC tuner. This isn't the same as letting a MAF system adjust the tune on the fly.

Not true, as I said a couple posts back they got a very large increase without the SC. They used it to pick up the last 26 or something like that.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
To me, not really! Unless you do headers. The other stuff like intake and exhaust will not give you anything you canf feel. Scratch that, a lot of people will "think" they feel it becuase they hear it. Not worth the money to get those returns. Slap on a cam and heads then the other smaller mods make a diffrence.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falchulk View Post
Not true, as I said a couple posts back they got a very large increase without the SC. They used it to pick up the last 26 or something like that.
First it was 72 with heads, headers, cam. No computer changes (your words). Now it's 26 or something like that (your words again, and much more likely).

Whatever - either speed density versus MAF works like I've outlined and you're intent on arguing a weak position by changing the terms of reference, or DCX has designed the only speed density system that emulates a MAF, and the aftermarket pcm-tuners are snake-oil.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, and respect your right to have a differing opinion. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.