How to file a complaint with dealership service? - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 PM
frank1966

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to file a complaint with dealership service?

I had a bad experience today at Rockland County NY dodge dealership. I thought Id bring it to them since I am close to the end of my warranty and maybe they would give me a fair price. I had a slight metal sound rub on my front left wheel, i thought my pads were getting low and the indicator was rubbing slightly. Well, they hit me with a bomb, they did the old soup to nuts and tried to make a killing on a guy with a road and track RT? Shouldnt they realize not to try this with guys like us. So anyway, they want 1400 dollars, they said i need 4 rotors and brakes all around! Well i knew this was BS because i checked the rotors and i didnt think i needed brakes all around at 31k miles. I yelled at them and told them that you guys are BSing me etc. They soon realized i knew what i was talking about and they didnt charge me for looking! They were going to charge me 130. After that i went over to a local goodyear who did my tires, they showed me the brakes - only 30% wear and the rotors were fine! I just needed some grease in the front.

What gives them the right to lie like that to customes! If i didnt know anything about cars like most people, I would of paid! THis is stealing to me, its not fair to others who no nothing about cars.

How do i file a complaint? I know it will get nowhere but i feel i should.

2012 Charger R/T Road and Track w STP, SRT8 2012 wheels, Mopar CAI, Solo Performance high flow CATS, Solo CAT back, Billet Catchcan, Zoomers reso tips, Diablosport tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 PM
PlumCrazyDaytona
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
I would like to know this as well. My local dealer is horrible, the one I go to is 50 miles away because they are amazing.The owner knows my name and all his customers names, when we bring a car in he greets us after the service manager takes our keys. He never tries to sell us new cars or services but is always looking to find out what he an do to take care of us.

6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
#3 Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Stevens12

Its hard to find dealers that don't do that kind of thing anymore. Sorry that happened but I'd call 1-800 customer service number and complain too. My local dealership is a bunch of butt-holes. I won't go there anymore. I drive an hour now for service and get treated like a king when I'm there.

Sorry brother.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
#4 Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 PM
PlumCrazyDaytona

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens12 View Post
Its hard to find dealers that don't do that kind of thing anymore. Sorry that happened but I'd call 1-800 customer service number and complain too. My local dealership is a bunch of butt-holes. I won't go there anymore. I drive an hour now for service and get treated like a king when I'm there.

Sorry brother.
Stuff like this drives me nuts! Dodge makes a great product and the dealers poop on it...Drives me insane how Dodge does not try harder to protect their image and the product.
#5 Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 PM
cuda

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try to get something in writing from the Goodyear dealer that you took your car to, stating that the brakes only had 30% wear and the rotors were fine. Then call Dodge customer service and tell them what you just experienced and you want to file a complaint with them or get it on record and file it with your local/state BBB.

20" Zinik wheels, Mopar CAI, reso delete replaced with cherry bombs, .75 cent purple welt mod on doors, dash & console, Charger script trunk badge, license plate frame and dash badge, mopar grill badge, Charger script embroidered headrests, sxt6 badge, painted calipers, body colored fuse box cover and strut and radiator covers, mopar embroidered seat belt pads and black w/purple accented seat covers. Custom vinyl hood scallop inserts quarter panel stripes and spoiler stripes and roof wrap. PD'd tail light lenses.[/COLOR]
#6 Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Big C411

You would have to file a complaint with Corporate. I've done it several times actually. They've gone as far as calling that dealership and reprimanding the personnel that was responsible and I've also received free oil changes for a year... which with all of that i then switched dealers and now drive about 40 mins out to get good service... Good Catch and Good Luck

20% Tint,50% Front Windshield,Resonator & Muffler Delete, Custom 3.5'' intake,Hyper White Interior LEDs,Red Door/Courtesy Lights,HID Fog light Conversion
91 Octane Tune -i1000-DCX,Hotchkis Lowering Springs
#7 Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 PM
RT_HEMICHARGED

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm very fortunate to have a great dealership only 2 miles away from my house. Service there is great, however the techs are a little questionable. Last time I took my car in, the tech removed every plastic shroud in my engine bay and didn't put any of them back correctly.

2011 Dodge Charger R/T Plus - SOLD
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Multiair Turbo - SOLD
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 - The new whip
#8 Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Reddman71

My car is due for its 100,000 service and as much as I would prefer to take it to the dealer I'n hesistant to do it. I have no patience or tolerance for BS especially when it involves my hard earned money. I may just let my local mechanic due it for me. He's one of the few straight dealing mechanics I know.
#9 Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Anguish

Don't waste your time. Seriously. It's VERY difficult to prove fraud when it's (just barely) plausible that your situation was just a mistake. A mechanic can simple be wrong. I know it's a stretch and I don't believe it any more than you do, but it's not worth your time to prove the intent was to defraud you. That's what you need in order to have any meaningful impact on this dealership. Merely lodging a complaint where you can't prove WHY you were told something incorrect won't do anything.

I'd just get a cup of hot chocolate, throw on some decent tunes, relax and move on. Life's too long to spend it stressed out about things you cannot change. Recognizing those things is a huge step to being a happy person.

2008 Brilliant Black R/T R&T w/SRT body.114 LSA cam. Borla 125 catback. JBA shorty headers. Aluminum rear-window louvers, custom vented fenders. Front & rear LED halos, Tinted tails. Toyo Proxes 4 245 front 275 rear.
Billet Tech: BSG62 hood & tail emblems, wheel-centers, visor covers, fuse box cover. Custom CHARGER badge. Shifter plate. Frankintake. Satin door locks & pull-rings, engine kit, coil-pack & valve covers.
#10 Old 01-23-2014, 06:38 AM
frank1966

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT_HEMICHARGED View Post
I'm very fortunate to have a great dealership only 2 miles away from my house. Service there is great, however the techs are a little questionable. Last time I took my car in, the tech removed every plastic shroud in my engine bay and didn't put any of them back correctly.
Hey yorkown heights is not too far from me, i need to find a new dealer in case i need warranty work or any big job that needs to be looked at. I guess thats yorktown dodge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List