Exhaust Question! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:32 PM

My Charger: 2010 SXT AWD
Exhaust Question!

Hey guys. I have a 2010 SXT All wheel drive. Right now the stock single exhaust is on there. I do not know a lot about the exhaust, but I want more sound out of the car. I can't afford a full true dual exhaust right now, so I have pretty much nailed it down to two options. Either I replace the stock muffler with a flowmaster super 40 or buy a blastin' bobs 12db kit and have it attached to the stock muffler. The Blastin bobs will cost more, but I like it better because it will have the dual tips. Flowmaster will cost less, but will not look as good. Any advice? I want a bigger sound, so if the flowmaster can provide that I would choose the flowmaster first. Also, if I put the flowmaster on, should I delete the resonator? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM

I think for now I am going to just buy the flowmaster. Eventually I am gonna add the blastin bobs kit to the flowmaster. But should I have the resonator removed?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM

I would save my cash and jsut buy a quality catback to begin with....welcome to the site...
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 PM

My Charger: 2012 R/T Road and Track
If possible get the flowmaster muffler and the blastin bobs. You can find the flowmaster mufflers pretty cheap if you shop around. Then again I don't know your budget so I apologize if that seems like poor advice. If you can't swing both I would go with the blastin bob's...you'll have dual outlet and some better sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Mods: 5% all around tint, MOPAR Pistol Grip Shifter, MOPAR Door Sills, MOPAR Bright Pedal Kit, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR Front Strut Tower Brace, 5000K HID Fogs, Custom CMR Tune By Johan, ACES IV, JBA Catless Mids, SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust, Black Chrome Gorilla Lug Nuts, Debadged, PD, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, Black BT Catch Can w/Matching Z-Bracket, JET 180* Thermostat.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2008 Charger SXT
Send a message via AIM to Stumblin Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmags14 View Post
Hey guys. I have a 2010 SXT All wheel drive. Right now the stock single exhaust is on there. I do not know a lot about the exhaust, but I want more sound out of the car. I can't afford a full true dual exhaust right now, so I have pretty much nailed it down to two options. Either I replace the stock muffler with a flowmaster super 40 or buy a blastin' bobs 12db kit and have it attached to the stock muffler. The Blastin bobs will cost more, but I like it better because it will have the dual tips. Flowmaster will cost less, but will not look as good. Any advice? I want a bigger sound, so if the flowmaster can provide that I would choose the flowmaster first. Also, if I put the flowmaster on, should I delete the resonator? Thanks.
Get the dual exhaust dirt cheap by snagging a used dual exhaust from an R/T. Save up down the road then upgrade the mufflers and resonators later
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblin Steve View Post
Get the dual exhaust dirt cheap by snagging a used dual exhaust from an R/T. Save up down the road then upgrade the mufflers and resonators later
Good call! And he can always add better tips to the stock RT exhaust. Find one off of a Daytona if you can.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:44 PM

I was thinking about buying the flowmaster now, and then throwing the blastin bobs on there. It would sound even better with the flowmaster rather than the stock muffler. Money is an issue, as i'm only 17 and in school.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:54 PM

I have a 2010 r/t and about a year ago I upgraded to a corsa catback... I wish I had saved the stock cat-back. I didn't have a garage or any room to store it, so I just threw them out/gave it to the shop that installed. Had no clue so many v6 guys wanted them...

I agree, it would be the best bang for your buck to try and hunt down a stock r/t or srt exhaust. I believe u need to buy some clamps or something to make the other side fit.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmags14 View Post
I was thinking about buying the flowmaster now, and then throwing the blastin bobs on there. It would sound even better with the flowmaster rather than the stock muffler. Money is an issue, as i'm only 17 and in school.
Don't worry man I was in that same boat only a few years ago. You just have to take it one step at a time...which is what it seems like you're doing, so good!

If you want sound do the flowmaster and then BB later.

If you want looks (dual tips) and not so much sound, grab a stock RT catback. If you can find one off a Daytona they actually sound pretty damn good from the factory.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702RN View Post
Don't worry man I was in that same boat only a few years ago. You just have to take it one step at a time...which is what it seems like you're doing, so good!

If you want sound do the flowmaster and then BB later.

If you want looks (dual tips) and not so much sound, grab a stock RT catback. If you can find one off a Daytona they actually sound pretty damn good from the factory.

Yea, muffler came today. Gonna put that on and most likely get the resonator removed. Hopefully in a few months I will have the cash to add the BB kit. Thanks to everyone for the help! A r/t exhaust isn't a bad idea, but as I said money is limited and I'm more into sound than looks right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.