Dropped valve seats!! - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 10-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Joose817

(Thread Starter)
Dropped valve seats!!

Ok i posted a thread about a month ago when my R/T died on the road.
It took a while but i found a trustworthy mech to take the engine apart. he called me wed to come check it out.
i dropped 3 valve seats (YES 3!!) and they fell bad enough to mess up the pistons and heads. im replacing the engine and should have it back by friday.
i have heard about 50 cases of dropped valve seats but NEVER more than 1 dropping at the same time!! Is it weird that 3 dropped all at once?

06 Midnight Blue Charger RT, 88k miles, No mods (yet)
Currently in the shop for engine problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 AM
ChargerDad

Glad to hear you found a good shop. I'm still looking for one. What part of he country are you in? It would be great if you could keep us appraised of your progress, where you got the motor, costs, time, etc.

Good luck!

#3 Old 10-06-2013, 05:17 AM
Manicmechanic

For some strange reason I think he's in Texas, Yes please keep us updated as too replacement engine and all.

2006 Torred Daytona # 1988 Tunable 2-3/4 Exhaust,Remote 996XT GPS Scanner, SRT Wheels/Legmaker modded, BC Racing Coilovers, Demon Eyes Front/Rear, Silverstars, V-1 Hardwired, SRT Brakes, RK Sport Hood. PaddleShifters, '09 MYGIG. I still open the car door for my Wife, so she doesn't scratch the paint with her nails! You can learn a lot watching Counting Cars and American Restoration, but not about Chargers. For that we have this forum.
#4 Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
TheTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicmechanic View Post
For some strange reason I think he's in Texas, Yes please keep us updated as too replacement engine and all.
LOL.. Just cause his pics of Texas....lol..tears in my eyes

2010 R/T AWD: Diablo Predator, 20inch Reso's No Muffler, AFE CAI,170,Homemade Catch Can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List