Dyno Runs with Diablo/Custom 2013 Tunes - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#11 Old 09-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Esteban757

i got a custom tune on top of the diablo 93 oct tune on my 2011 RT and hit 375rwhp with CIA, magnaflow exaust with reso delete, BBK 85MM TB, and a jet 180 thermo. why are the numbers so diffrent in your dyno and mine, is it because the person who does the custom tune?

Esteban/RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 PM
tacamo01
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban757 View Post
i got a custom tune on top of the diablo 93 oct tune on my 2011 RT and hit 375rwhp with CIA, magnaflow exaust with reso delete, BBK 85MM TB, and a jet 180 thermo. why are the numbers so diffrent in your dyno and mine, is it because the person who does the custom tune?
I usually do not try to compare one dyno to another but rather use it as a tool to see the gains I get from my mods. It is nice to see where you stand with respect to others though. I have the 2010+ Camaro L99 (Auto) dyno thread bookmarked because I just loved to beat these guys at the track with my Stang.LOL

A lot of factors go into dyno results; weather conditions, type of dyno, dyno operator and Mods. HemiFever, after reading the dyno data told me my runs could be expected to be worst case scenario because of the weather conditions and the number of runs I was trying to accomplish in the 1 1/2 hours at the shop.

I timed each cool down period and kept it at 15 minutes for continuity between the different tunes. The actual runs took less than 2 minutes to complete and we got the car up to around 150mph each time.

I would rather have your number though. LOL Puts you at 435hp at the crank!

A gen-u-ine DAYTONA three-for-fiv with dat Custum Cam in the engun and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr
#13 Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 PM
zoomzoom1

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

different dynos..conditions...weather..all play a role in numbers...a dyno is a tool...numbers dont mean that much.
its the before and after that count

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
#14 Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Jonny

Dyno-mite dynamometer, for the win.

Nothing like a 500rwhp camaro running mid to high 12s at the track.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
#15 Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 PM
zoomzoom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFO09R/T View Post
Dude I have you and option but you totally ignore it and proceed to try and start a dang argument over which tuner is better. I know which is better and I know where my money went. Who's the fan boy now????
if you can check my sig..i did most of the tooling on my.cars..been around hundreds of dyno runs and helped with doing mine just to.learn the software. just trying to answer a question...and not being an asshat doing it...im not a fan of anything.
just stating the facts...

wheres yours

#16 Old 09-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Esteban757

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacamo01 View Post
I usually do not try to compare one dyno to another but rather use it as a tool to see the gains I get from my mods. It is nice to see where you stand with respect to others though. I have the 2010+ Camaro L99 (Auto) dyno thread bookmarked because I just loved to beat these guys at the track with my Stang.LOL

A lot of factors go into dyno results; weather conditions, type of dyno, dyno operator and Mods. HemiFever, after reading the dyno data told me my runs could be expected to be worst case scenario because of the weather conditions and the number of runs I was trying to accomplish in the 1 1/2 hours at the shop.

I timed each cool down period and kept it at 15 minutes for continuity between the different tunes. The actual runs took less than 2 minutes to complete and we got the car up to around 150mph each time.

I would rather have your number though. LOL Puts you at 435hp at the crank!
OK, Yea ive heard of the weather conditions being a factor but didnt think it woulb be that "big" of a factor. Ive actually thought about going back just to confirm the numbers, even the guys at the shop ran it 2 more times just to make sure. It was tuned by Dyno tune performace(DTP) in Virginia Beach VA. they are really known for there good work and tuning.
#17 Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Esteban757

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom1 View Post

different dynos..conditions...weather..all play a role in numbers...a dyno is a tool...numbers dont mean that much.
its the before and after that count
I see youve been to DTP here in VA beach, Brent is who tuned my 11' RT it pushed out 375RWHP, the base run was i think 335 or something cant recall exact.
#18 Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 AM
tacamo01

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Dyno-mite dynamometer, for the win.

Nothing like a 500rwhp camaro running mid to high 12s at the track.
LMBO! Or my friends 10 Camaro 1SS that dynos at 335rwhp and breaks into the 12's with street tires. Weighed around 4100lbs with driver.
#19 Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM
zoomzoom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban757 View Post
I see youve been to DTP here in VA beach, Brent is who tuned my 11' RT it pushed out 375RWHP, the base run was i think 335 or something cant recall exact.
yep..just went to see him the 19th of this month..i drive 6 hrs just to have him do the tunes..hes one of the best...done hundreds of chryslers...i was going to mopar madness at VMP so just decided to take a few extra days and let him check my 5 yr old tune he did on the daytona...tweeked it..i have to change my sig numbers now

#20 Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
mblock66

This is interesting stuff. There doesn't seem to be all that much difference between all the variants vs stock. There is a noticable gain across the curve vs stock for all of them but from one to the other on any given run they are probably so close you would never notice.

What I am wondering is if you logged all of them for knock as well. Assuming you tank was filled with the same high quality 93 octane for all 5 of these runs were any pulling timing vs another? Even if they were I would guess the output on the dyno would show that. Reason I am asking is if one had knock and produced about the same power as the others with no knock, if you threw some fuel at that map would it outperform the others

Cool stuff thanks for doing this

The other sad part about it is that Stock vs Diablo 91 tune show no peak or under the curve gains. That sucks!

2013 Charger R/T Road and Track with Super Track Pack
Flowmaster Force II
Mopar "CAI"
NJ Devils Lunatic Fan!!!

Last edited by mblock66; 09-30-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List