2013 Diablo tune bricking cars? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM

I'm glad to hear the options can be changed after uploading the tune. I would like to turn mds on/off depending if I'm on a long trip or not, same with esp. Waiting 20mins for tune to load would be horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Just bricked mine...the tuner failed to back up my original tune twice then started writing a new tune...and failed at that. Now I have no tune saved and no tune on my car. It is just a heavy paper weight...FML

Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me and I them.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:25 PM

My Charger: TorRed 2007 RT
Sorry to hear that bud!
Seriously people, wait for the next update. Rgen i hope it gets solved for u. BOL
Strut Bar V 2.1
"Being a good fiend is like being a photographer, you have to search for the right moment!"
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM

My Charger: 13' Charger srt8.. amg blue tops, 3.55 getrag, solo high flows, slp loudmouth, CF CAI
That really did suck it has to be that the machine didn't update right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 PM

seems to be common thing http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...p?f=37&t=45968

Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me and I them.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2013 Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeneral01 View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. I guess more problems were reported after I loaded up on Saturday. Do not know if you saw this but there is an update Diablo is suggesting for upload. Posted today on the forum

http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...p?f=37&t=45988

2014 300S Ivory Tri-Color Pearl (Ordered 3/20/14); 2013 Daytona Pitch Black #341, MM Custom Grind Cam & Bolt-On's; 68 rwhp/55 ft-lbs over stock, Plans for SC
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacamo01 View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. I guess more problems were reported after I loaded up on Saturday. Do not know if you saw this but there is an update Diablo is suggesting for upload. Posted today on the forum

http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...p?f=37&t=45988
Now when I plug the tool into my laptop it still thinks it is connected to car, cant even do anything with it. Hope they can get me running in the morning without having to send anything in to them. STRESSED

Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 PM

My Charger: 2013 R/T R&T STP
This is why I am going to fight the urge to buy this on the first release. I have read so many horror stories from all years of these. There are so many bugs in these things and a good percentage of people are bricking their cars.

I can't afford to brick mine since this is the only car I have. I will closely follow this though to see if they resolve it. Just amazing how a company can rush a product out with so many work arounds needed. Scary.
NJ Devils Lunatic Fan!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
It's very important to have the car doors closed and all accessories off. It isn't that your battery will die, it's all about clean power. Having a door open/close or a radio, fan or some power drain buzz the bus is not a good thing while writing.

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 AM

My Charger: 2013 Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
It's very important to have the car doors closed and all accessories off. It isn't that your battery will die, it's all about clean power. Having a door open/close or a radio, fan or some power drain buzz the bus is not a good thing while writing.
That is the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. With both my 11 and 12 Mustangs and the SCT tuner, guys were freezing pcms because of accessories being on, doors open with chimes going and ac on to keep them cool while loading the tune. The other thing that most do not realize is that it is important to diable all virus software when downloading the updates or custom tunes. The virus software will on occasion mess with the programs.

There are growing pains with any new software release and I just hope when I get a new update that it is not me, as it is no fun with a frozen pcu. IMO, you take a certain amount of risk anytime you modify a stock car that is under warranty for more performance.

2014 300S Ivory Tri-Color Pearl (Ordered 3/20/14); 2013 Daytona Pitch Black #341, MM Custom Grind Cam & Bolt-On's; 68 rwhp/55 ft-lbs over stock, Plans for SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.