2013 Charger SE 3.6L V6 Exhaust Upgrades - Dodge Charger Forums
V6 Specific Discussion This area is for discussion about V6 powered Dodge Chargers.

#1 Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Neaves The Wicked

(Thread Starter)
2013 Charger SE 3.6L V6 Exhaust Upgrades

Hi, I'm looking to get some rumble out of my V6 charger. I do believe I have decided to go aftermarket and get a Flowmaster Muffler but I have not decided which one. I'm thinking that going with the 40 series deltaflow would be less modification. I would like to go duel like the youtube link posted below but I'm not sure how it would be done since it seems there is only a single pipe coming from my engine and the guy in the video used 40 series and went duel not 40series delta flows. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

Last edited by Neaves The Wicked; 06-09-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
702RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaves The Wicked View Post
Hi, I'm looking to get some rumble out of my V6 charger. I do believe I have decided to go aftermarket and get a Flowmaster Muffler but I have not decided which one. I'm thinking that going with the 40 series deltaflow would be less modification. I would like to go duel like the youtube link posted below but I'm not sure how it would be done since it seems there is only a single pipe coming from my engine and the guy in the video used 40 series and went duel not 40series delta flows. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKczUmWvVBA
Easy man, I had this same set up on my old 2009 V6. Just take it to an exhaust shop, tell them you want a true dual exhaust (this means two mufflers instead of one), and they'll build it. They usually all have common mufflers in house but if you want you can order the mufflers yourself online and take them to the shop and they'll be installed. Just know that with flowmaster mufflers and no resonators you will get some bad drone. Also with true duals on the V6 at wide open throttle the car goes from that deep rumble to a high pitched ricer noise. I was very disappointed with the wot exhaust note when I had my V6. Keep watching YouTube videos to get ideas of sound. I used the same video you just posted to learn how I wanted my exhaust done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Dodge Charger RT Road & Track

Mods: 5% all around tint, MOPAR Pistol Grip Shifter, MOPAR Door Sills, MOPAR Bright Pedal Kit, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR Front Strut Tower Brace, 5000K HID Fogs, Custom CMR Tune By Johan, ACES IV, JBA Catless Mids, SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust, Black Chrome Gorilla Lug Nuts, Debadged, PD, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, Black BT Catch Can w/Matching Z-Bracket, JET 180* Thermostat.
#3 Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Neaves The Wicked

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlackOut View Post
Easy man, I had this same set up on my old 2009 V6. Just take it to an exhaust shop, tell them you want a true dual exhaust (this means two mufflers instead of one), and they'll build it. They usually all have common mufflers in house but if you want you can order the mufflers yourself online and take them to the shop and they'll be installed. Just know that with flowmaster mufflers and no resonators you will get some bad drone. Also with true duals on the V6 at wide open throttle the car goes from that deep rumble to a high pitched ricer noise. I was very disappointed with the wot exhaust note when I had my V6. Keep watching YouTube videos to get ideas of sound. I used the same video you just posted to learn how I wanted my exhaust done.

Hi Blackout, Thanks for your response!

Ok, since I am new to this and don't really know the lingo. What is the bad drone and WOT? Also by high pitched ricer does that mean "import race car" if so that is exactly what I want to avoid. I'd like to try and maintain that lower frequency rumble, but if I'm not mistaken It sounds like that since you used the same video I did for reference the ricer results are what you experienced by using the same method as the guy in the video I posted used? Or you got the results you wanted from the video I posted? From the video I posted it seemed like it's the only one I have found where the exhaust sound maintained the beefy low end and didn't get "That fast and furious Sound" that I don't like at all LOL. I also wonder if adding a upgraded air intake would help too with the sound?

Sorry if I'm confused.

Josh

2013 Charger SE 3.6L V6 in Billet Silver

Non Performance Mods: 15% Window Tint, Charger Script Front Floor Mats, Dodge "II" Stripe valve stem caps.

Last edited by Neaves The Wicked; 06-09-2013 at 03:08 AM.
#4 Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Gore_Nightmare

Check out my setup. I ordered this mandrel bent system online for 500 and it comes with your choice of borla, magnaflow or flowmaster mufflers. I cant remember what type but I got the flowmasters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninD...e_gdata_player
#5 Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 AM
charging_bull
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore_Nightmare View Post
Check out my setup. I ordered this mandrel bent system online for 500 and it comes with your choice of borla, magnaflow or flowmaster mufflers. I cant remember what type but I got the flowmasters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninD...e_gdata_player
is that a v6? if so that sounds great for a 6

2012 srt8-black
CMR tune by JOHAN ( diablotoona ) my mopar angel, American racing headers with high flow cats,
American racing exhaust, 180* Tstat, k&n air intake kit, catch can,
billet 18 pc kit in red,mopar T-handle shifter
WTFO strut bar in black
RP 0W-40 life blood. RP 20-820 oil filter,
BND tranny fluid, BND differential fluid, ACES gas treatment, Shell 93 octane V-power
mods installed by speedinc in schaumburgh,il
416.38 rwhp/428.87 rwtq at 5700 rpm's/ avg 14.1 MPG city
#6 Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Gore_Nightmare

Yup my Lil ol' v6 lol sounds real nice when you step on it too. The best is under a bridge or a tunnel, punch it there and it sounds so cool

#7 Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
702RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaves The Wicked View Post
Hi Blackout, Thanks for your response!

Ok, since I am new to this and don't really know the lingo. What is the bad drone and WOT? Also by high pitched ricer does that mean "import race car" if so that is exactly what I want to avoid. I'd like to try and maintain that lower frequency rumble, but if I'm not mistaken It sounds like that since you used the same video I did for reference the ricer results are what you experienced by using the same method as the guy in the video I posted used? Or you got the results you wanted from the video I posted? From the video I posted it seemed like it's the only one I have found where the exhaust sound maintained the beefy low end and didn't get "That fast and furious Sound" that I don't like at all LOL. I also wonder if adding a upgraded air intake would help too with the sound?

Sorry if I'm confused.

Josh
Drone is a low pitched buzzing sound that rattles the inside of the car around a certain rpm range..usually between 2-3k. I don't mind it but most hate it. Keep in mind that there is virtually no system that is drone free..some will claim they have no drone but they've just gotten used to it. Wot= wide open throttle, so it basically means when you floor it. And yes I meant an import car. Now I don't like high pitched noises..but my definition of high pitched could be very different than yours or anybody else's. Yes I used the video you posted, my exhaust set up was identical to the guy in the video..except my chrome tips were different which makes no difference in sound. The car sounded amazing in the lower rpm range but if the car didn't shift and went up to 5 or 6 thousand rpms it went from a deep rumble to a higher pitched whine..that's what it sounded like to me. My wot noise sounded very similar to the guy's video also posted on this thread of his SE charger. Mine was much deeper than his at idle and low rpm cruising but when I got into higher rpms it sounded higher pitched like his. In my book that's too high of a tone..but again my mistake was thinking the V6 will maintain the deep rumble all the way through the rpm range like the V8 does. So basically if you like the sound on the video you posted, go for it! Like I said I was happy with mine..I got tons of compliments. I just didn't love the wot sound.

Yes adding a different air intake will give you a slightly different sound. It will barely change your exhaust sound but it'll give you some more aggressive tones under the hood. You'll hear the air being sucked in and more of a growl than that goofy whine the stock engines have when they're revved.

#8 Old 06-09-2013, 12:01 PM
ccagle
Supporting Member

Quote:
Yes I used the video you posted, my exhaust set up was identical to the guy in the video..except my chrome tips were different which makes no difference in sound.

Chrome tips are worth 5hp on rwd R/T's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#9 Old 06-09-2013, 12:04 PM
702RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
Chrome tips are worth 5hp on rwd R/T's

How did I miss that?! My mistake.

#10 Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 PM
ccagle
Supporting Member

Quote:
How did I miss that?! My mistake.

No problem. I'm here to help clear up any questions regarding HP and mods.. Glad I could help!!!

I added chrome radio knobs a while back... Instant drop of .02 sec off my 0-60 time...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List