My Mopar 11 Charger NEEDS a tune... HELP - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) Discuss any performance modification in this section of Dodge Charger Models 2011 and up.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 PM

My Charger: Mopar 11 Charger #203
My Mopar 11 Charger NEEDS a tune... HELP

So Diablo Sport doesn't have a tune available for my Mopar 11 Charger... What is going on?... How can you tune the regular R/T's but now the Mopar 11's? this is so odd

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Might be the 3.91 gear ratio the 11's have
6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 PM

They say it has a different CAL ID...???
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM

I think our pcm is tuned more aggressive then the rt.. also according to diablo dodge is with holding the codes needed to tune the pcm.. don't get the hypertech yet there is some conflicting info on if it actually helps us M11 or not.. I got one it feels great with the throttle boost. But another fourm member saw decreased track times.. so he is doing more tests to see if the gains claimed are true... Go to shophemi and you can pay for tuned pcm from arrington for like 1100 .. it sucks not srt for 2011 mopar was the premium edition.. and we can't tune s**t... I'm thinking of trading in for 2012 superbee but I love my mopar... And the fact its 1 of 1500 adds more to my attachment.. M#1131
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 PM

thanks for the insight man... $1100 for arrington just to tune it?... Do they tell us how much gain we can see?...

Yeah man this is crazy... it's looking like they won't release the codes... its been over 8 months... I love Mopar 11... I love that its unique too (#203)... i also do love the superbees... IDK man i just wanna go fasterrrrr vrooom vroom u know? lol
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WritesCharger View Post
thanks for the insight man... $1100 for arrington just to tune it?... Do they tell us how much gain we can see?
With CAI and exhaust maybe 50 tops.. and that's probably over stating. Hypertech claims to give you about 25 to the wheels and it's only $300 so you can see why we bought it.. I wouldn't go with shop Hemi unless you plan on upgrading heads and cam..and yes I feel yea I need more speed.. I think its the 3.91 gears.. it feels like a rocket... Once you get a taste.. you want more..

Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 PM

So you bought the Hypertech tuner and do you feel great HP gains?... where else can i read more info about that?... $300 is hella cheap for 25HP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsmopar View Post
With CAI and exhaust maybe 50 tops.. and that's probably over stating. Hypertech claims to give you about 25 to the wheels and it's only $300 so you can see why we bought it.. I wouldn't go with shop Hemi unless you plan on upgrading heads and cam..and yes I feel yea I need more speed.. I think its the 3.91 gears.. it feels like a rocket... Once you get a taste.. you want more..

Old 05-11-2013, 11:17 PM

Just type in hypertech interceptor for 2011 dodge charger on your browser. You can find their site, it advances the timing and it does not plug into the pcm.. it tricks it by giving false cam and air readings.. also you can go to the z place... Fourm... There are a few other threads on this exact topic. I felt like the car woke up when I first started using it. I could break loose the tires from 1-2 gears with traction control off.. but it starts to wear off.. either a all of us who bought them got use to it.. or the pcm learns and adapts to the false readings.. so it kinda overwrites it.. or it was all fake from start and we just in our minds felt it was faster.. .. regardless I like the throttle boost.. you connect to the fly by wire and it makes ur peddle Much more sensitive.. hypertech says if you feel the pcm is adapting to it disconnect it for a few and then redo...
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 AM

Cool yeah I found it... If it wears off i rather not even buy it... I have JBA shorty headers/LMI true fender intake/Magnaflow hi flow cats... I break my tires loose already through 1-2... and occasionally when i punch it from 30mph i get a squeal!... so I can't imagine what a tune would do!... i hope diablo through some kind of miracle comes through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsmopar View Post
Just type in hypertech interceptor for 2011 dodge charger on your browser. You can find their site, it advances the timing and it does not plug into the pcm.. it tricks it by giving false cam and air readings.. also you can go to the z place... Fourm... There are a few other threads on this exact topic. I felt like the car woke up when I first started using it. I could break loose the tires from 1-2 gears with traction control off.. but it starts to wear off.. either a all of us who bought them got use to it.. or the pcm learns and adapts to the false readings.. so it kinda overwrites it.. or it was all fake from start and we just in our minds felt it was faster.. .. regardless I like the throttle boost.. you connect to the fly by wire and it makes ur peddle Much more sensitive.. hypertech says if you feel the pcm is adapting to it disconnect it for a few and then redo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.