2013 RT Charger CAI and tuner Help options please! - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Honchoisa

(Thread Starter)
2013 RT Charger CAI and tuner Help options please!

Hey guys I bought a 2013 RT charger in November and i'm ready do do some mods to it. I really want to start with a tuner and a CAI. What are the best ones to get performance wise? Also the CAI i can install my self correct? Thanks for all the help want to get it asap, Can't wait for the performance boost.!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Wfabian

I think the only tuner that will work RIGHT NOW is the hypertech intercept. I bought the DS trinity and am waiting for it to release the tunes. I've seen a lot of people using the K&N CAI but I went with the mopar CAI just cuz it went good with the engine cover on mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#3 Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Jonny
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Wait for the Diablosport.

The wait will be with it.

TBH, a CAI won't do much, your car already comes with a decent breathing system.

If you want it for looks or sound, and want to dump $300 by all means.

If you want it for performance, build your own! About $130, and much better.

There is a how to here by gmg1411, I doubt there is that much difference in the new style where you couldn't make it work with the same stuff.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
#4 Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM
frank1966

It a money dump for no reason, i did it, bought mopar CAI, the stock system is almost identical except on mopar the top part of the box is cut out! why, i dont know, maybe so you can hear it!

2012 Charger R/T Road and Track w STP, SRT8 2012 wheels, Mopar CAI, Solo Performance high flow CATS, Solo CAT back, Billet Catchcan, Zoomers reso tips, Diablosport tune
#5 Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Stevekent98

The mopar one is sooo sexy though!

2010 Dodge Charger SXT RWD
Diablosport inTune Programmer
#6 Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM
YLWJKT

I believe B&G will have recalibrated PCM's in the next few weeks.
#7 Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Honchoisa

(Thread Starter)
Oh wow. Thanks for the advice on the CAI guys. Any idea when the diablo tuner will release? Is it worth tuning now if i opt out on a CAI and I don't do exhaust yet? Or should I buy the tune when i get exhaust done? Thanks for all the info.
#8 Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
dline

Send a message via AIM to dline
LMI cai is worth it
#9 Old 04-27-2013, 02:16 PM
tacamo01

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Wait for the Diablosport.

The wait will be with it.

TBH, a CAI won't do much, your car already comes with a decent breathing system.

If you want it for looks or sound, and want to dump $300 by all means.

If you want it for performance, build your own! About $130, and much better.

There is a how to here by gmg1411, I doubt there is that much difference in the new style where you couldn't make it work with the same stuff.
Agree, I went the CAI and tuner route with my Mustang GT and there was no gain in HP when I dyno'd. K&N advertised 8-10 hp gain. It does sound good but IMO that is all you get. Most performance cars today have adequate air intakes for the throttle body.

I would keep the money and invest in the Diablo tuner when it comes out. Should be soon from what I hear. Put on a set of High Flow cats and a 3200 Stall converter. That combination alone should get you nice gains.

A gen-u-ine thurteen DAYTONA thre-fur-fiv with dat Custum Cam in the engun and that dad gum sun ruf on top-a da cawr
#10 Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Jonny

High flow cats are the bomb.

Converter... same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List