2015 Charger 2 door? - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

#1 Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
(Thread Starter)
2015 Charger 2 door?

BMW offers the 6-series in both 2 door and 4 door versions. Why can't Dodge offer the Charger that way?

(Please don't say we already have the Challenger, it's a different car...BMW has 2 and 4 door versions for several models )

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Danko side scoops custom 6a.jpg
Views:	64026
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	73544  

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Stevens12

Can't say I'd buy it. Reminds me too much of my daughters Old's Alero. lol

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
#3 Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens12 View Post
Can't say I'd buy it. Reminds me too much of my daughters Old's Alero. lol
Does the 4 door remind you of it? Do 2 doors make that much of a difference? I don't understand that.
#4 Old 03-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Stevens12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
Does the 4 door remind you of it? Do 2 doors make that much of a difference? I don't understand that.
In that render.. yes.... lol

What I like about the charger IS that it's 4-doors. Maybe others will like the 2 door option.. just not me...
#5 Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
MCO_Carter

Quote:
BMW offers the 6-series in both 2 door and 4 door versions. Why can't Dodge offer the Charger that way?

(Please don't say we already have the Challenger, it's a different car...BMW has 2 and 4 door versions for several models )

1) Dodge isn't BMW...if it was BMW, it would cater exclusively to ******nozzles named Brody and listen to Coldplay and John Mayer.

2) If I was in the market for a 2-door Dodge, I'd buy a Challenger...yea, it's a different car, but it's not THAT different. Yes, BMW offers 2 and 4 door version of the same car...but, well, see item #1.

3) The potential sales just aren't there from a research standpoint to justify the cost in designing new vehicle..and a vehicles whose primary competition is going to be another car from the same MFG.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/chewie402/SigPic2-1.jpg
Former: 2006 Top Banana Charger Daytona. Felled by a dropped valve seat 9/4/14

Current: 2015 Sublime Scat Pack Challenger
The Following User Says Thank You to MCO_Carter For This Useful Post:
RScottyL (11-14-2014)
#6 Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCO_Carter View Post
1) Dodge isn't BMW...if it was BMW, it would cater exclusively to ******nozzles named Brody and listen to Coldplay and John Mayer.

2) If I was in the market for a 2-door Dodge, I'd buy a Challenger...yea, it's a different car, but it's not THAT different. Yes, BMW offers 2 and 4 door version of the same car...but, well, see item #1.

3) The potential sales just aren't there from a research standpoint to justify the cost in designing new vehicle..and a vehicles whose primary competition is going to be another car from the same MFG.
Jeez, so much hostility toward BMW. The offering of a single model in both 2 and 4 door variants is a proud Mopar heritage. It isn't that hard to do and folks do like the look of a certain model and want to select which variant they want for their needs..without being forced into a different model that they don't like as much.

Why is is so terrible that the Germans re-discovered what the American manufacturers abandoned?

Since you seem to know what the research shows, perhaps you can share the market research data showing why BMW is wrong and Dodge is right?
#7 Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM
PlumCrazyDaytona

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
I like the look of a two door charger!! If my 07 was available in a two door and a four door, I would have picked the two door. The only time I use the back doors is to grab my ice scraper/snow brush. To be honest I can count how many times I have actually had people in the backseat of my car on one hand.

6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
#8 Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
TheTrooper

BMW vs. Dodge Drivers

I want to put a bumper sticker that says "Hungry? Out of Work? Eat your Import.. This car will !"

2010 R/T AWD: Diablo Predator, 20inch Reso's No Muffler, AFE CAI,170,Homemade Catch Can.
#9 Old 03-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrooper View Post
I want to put a bumper sticker that says "Hungry? Out of Work? Eat your Import.. This car will !"
You mean your Canadian built car based on a Mercedes platform from a Company owned by the Italian car manufacturer Fiat as opposed to an American built car from the German car manufacturer BMW? Or perhaps the American built Honda or Toyota from the Japanese companies?

I guess I'm confused by the "Import" part...
#10 Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 PM
MoparRT

Re: 2015 Charger 2 door?

Quote:
You mean your Canadian built car based on a Mercedes platform from a Company owned by the Italian car manufacturer Fiat as opposed to an American built car from the German car manufacturer BMW? Or perhaps the American built Honda or Toyota from the Japanese companies?

I guess I'm confused by the "Import" part...
I believe most people say import in reference to Japanese and Chinese cars. Names that aren't pronounced easily in the English language (i.e. Hyundai, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugot, Pagani, Toyota, Ferrari, Datsun, Mazda, Honda, Mercedes, Fiat, etc). Anything that doesn't sound like Chevy, Dodge, Pontiac, Mercury, Ford, etc are considered domestic to most people. [Even though some "domestic" cars(or their parts) are inspired or even manufactured in foreign countries]. Just to clarify the stereotype.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Debadged/Demolded. Tinted Tail Lights/Corner Markers. DiabloSport Predator 93 Oct CAI tuned. Ram-Air CAI. AACStyle Amber Colored CCFL Oracle Halos. Daytona Grille with R/T badge. Hurst Shifter. BT Oil Catch Can. BT Hood+Trunk Badge. Blastin Bobs 5db Resonator Delete Mandrel Bent w/SSR Tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List