I Think The Front End on My New SRT 8 Has Been Repainted - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM

I Think The Front End on My New SRT 8 Has Been Repainted

So I bought an SRT 8 a week ago and after getting it home and doing some more inspecting I noticed that the hood was slightly misaligned and that the edges of the hoo had clearcoat drips. In addition, when i look under the front bumper I notice that the paint isn't as uniform as it is in other places. I called the dealer and of course they said it hasn't been repainted. However, I have to take the car in next week so I will show them my issues. What options do I have for getting a full resolution and possibly getting a different car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 AM

Did you get a carfax or a Autocheck? I would think if the dealership was hiding the fact it was repainted you might be able to find a way out of it. Who knows maybe it was just covered in rock chips so someone decided to repaint. Any signs of frame damage or front end damage?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM

My 2006 had slight paint color differences between the front bumper and the metal parts. I think it partially has to do with the different materials the paint is on over time.

The hood alignment can also deviate over time and can be adjusted. The depth can be adjusted at the front with the two (twistable) black risers (if it's an 06-10 model).

I'm not ruling out that it may have been repainted but it could be other culprits making the colors slightly off. Also this being said with the thought that this is a previous generation charger. My 2012 has no differences (but it is black)

Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2010 SRT8
Same thing happened to me.

Friend of mine put a UV light on my car and flat out told me the car had been painted since it left the factory. Dealer insisted it never was. Also the factory rivets on the rear bumper were gone and different (non-factory) fasteners were on there. There was also evidence on the passengers side doors that they had been masked/painted.

The dealer just kept insisting it was never painted and the vehicle history didn't show anything so essentially there was nothing I could do.

2010 SRT8 - SOLO Performance Exhaust, AIRAID CAI, Diablosport Predator Tune, Billet Technologies wheel center caps, catch can, door sill plates, door lock pins, fuse box cover, hood badge, engine bay dress-up kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
FLEX grinds his own coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Credible Hulk
I always back up my rage with documented sources and facts.
Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 AM

By the way, this is a 2013 so there won't be a car fax on it. It just sucks that dealerships can be so dishonest. Also notices a couple of staples under the front bumber and I could not figure out why they would be there.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Sorry to hear - sounds like the classic horror stories I've heard on here before from guys that work at body shops that repair brand spankin new vehicles before the dealerships put them on the lot (either damaged from being shipped, a shipping accident or some DA either test driving it or bumping into it in the lot).
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
Transport damages are common.

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM

Yeah it sucks! I just don't understand how Dodge/Chrysler allows this on thier top of the line cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
If you've ever seen how the transport companies load/unload cars, you'd understand.

It's out of Chrysler's control, as they only contract with the transporters.

When you ship something, are you comfortable accepting full responsibility to the destination (dealership, from the factory)? In most cases, that responsibility falls onto the shipping/delivery company. UPS/FedEx damages/loses a package, it's on them up to the standard insurance coverage.

There are body shops that deal with transport damage, it isn't just a Dodge thing.

Knowing what to look for, I know my brand new 2010 R/T was repaired a little from transport damage... most people would not know.

If you don't get a good response from the dealer, you can go to any other Dodge dealer... they should be more than happy to have your business from another dealer. (As far as repairing any transport damage)
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM

My Charger: 2007 Plum Crazy Daytona R/T #731
What Jonny said above. The shop I used to fix my Daytona (after the car wash smashed the front fascia) is the shop that does all the local Toyota dealership's "errors". You wouldn't believe how many Toyotas they had in their lot.

Plum Crazy Daytona R/T #0731/1400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.