SRT AWD 8 Speed -Chicago Show?? - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
SpitBall

(Thread Starter)
SRT AWD 8 Speed -Chicago Show??

Ok I heard this is getting announced in Chicago next week!!!!!!!

Well, maybe if I generate enough rumor buzz it may actually happen some how heh..Sorry that sux I know, Im bored. I have checkbook in hand and am waiting for an 8 speed behind something with some balls. Sorry no jeeps either (but they're cool).

May have to defer to 5.7 RT Max with 8 speed and AWD Sport (assuming there will be one)...Love the blacked out grill on the AWD Sport. Ive been waiting for 18 months and am sick of it.

Im getting a new car this year and better damn well not be a Taurus SHO.. Where the hell is my HEMI 8 Speed AWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Patience Nohmore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
If wishing made it true, this would happen also...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 SRT.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	72912  

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
#3 Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
Or this...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charger Concept Ddaddy Scat pack 4b.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	72913  
#4 Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
SpitBall

(Thread Starter)
Sweet on both counts...Can we get ResumeSpeed in here to 1/4 verify (or at plausibly non-deny) that SOMETHING with some stones will get an 8 speed AWD in 2014??? PLEASE???
#5 Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
ResumeSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitBall View Post
Sweet on both counts...Can we get ResumeSpeed in here to 1/4 verify (or at plausibly non-deny) that SOMETHING with some stones will get an 8 speed AWD in 2014??? PLEASE???
Ain't gonna happen for 2014MY, sorry...
#6 Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM
SpitBall

(Thread Starter)
Not even an RT Max with the 5.7? sniff
#7 Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
toasteroven

You're holding out for the 8-speed? You will seriously go with an SHO over an SRT8 because of the availability of transmission gears?

The more people that talk smack about the 5-speed end up being people who haven't driven it and just repeat what they've heard others say.

I guess the '13 Vanquish is off your list too then. Even Jay Leno admits it doesn't need more than 6.

"This car is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson
#8 Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
BTorred63

Send a message via Yahoo to BTorred63
That Vanquish is one sweet ride!!!

2007 TorRed SRT-8
Options I, II and III w/ sunroof, American Racing Headers, SLP LM1, Airaid CAI, 300 SRT8 powder coated rims w/ Nitto Invo's, DiabloSport 93 Oct tune, 5000K HID lows/fogs, LED Switchbacks, Smoked corners, Tinted sequential tails, BT catch can, BT sill plates, SRT-8 pedals
#9 Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 PM
SpitBall

(Thread Starter)
Why should I be expected to drop 50+ large and settle for that ancient 5 speed tranny, when I know that a quality ZF-based 8 speed is right around the corner?

Im not going to be a victim of Dodge's laziness (or crappy Daimler 5 speed contract) forever. Get it done already.
#10 Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven View Post
You're holding out for the 8-speed? You will seriously go with an SHO over an SRT8 because of the availability of transmission gears?

The more people that talk smack about the 5-speed end up being people who haven't driven it and just repeat what they've heard others say.

I guess the '13 Vanquish is off your list too then. Even Jay Leno admits it doesn't need more than 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z57FtTJi_-U
The Vanquish transmission in infamously bad compared to the competition. The transmission in the One-77 was so bad that they tried to keep magazines from testing one. One finally was able to test one and quickly realized why Aston kept the press away from it. So, I probably wouldn't use Aston-Martin as a company too look up towards when it comes to transmissions. Lamborghini is similarly bad. If you want a good transmission; look at Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, or the Nissan GT-R. Of course, I don't know what exotic transmissions have to do with the SRT8.

What would rock would be a twin-clutch, but I doubt that Dodge can source one at a reasonable cost that will handle the torque. I don't see customers willing to pay $8K extra for the transmission like on a Porsche PDK.

Grimlock
2003 Corvette Z06
2007 Charger SRT8 Gone, but not forgotten!
1969 Roadrunner in Red Gone, but not forgotten! <beep, beep>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List