having a major issue after installing a battery, please help...... - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM

having a major issue after installing a battery, please help......

I jus want some advice from you guys in hopes of it being a simple fix, which I doubt, I have an 06 r/t charger so heres my issue I jus put my new battery in and when I started the car and drove it most of my lights on the dash would stay on the,brake, abs, check engine light seat belt, esp bas, and none of my blinkers work, and it wont switch from 1st gear and I can't manually shift gears eigher hope you vuys can help thx in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM

Disconnect both terminals from the Battery and wait a good 5 minutes before reconnecting. Make sure the cables are clean and you tighten them well. Connect the ground cable first and make sure the car is off and key removed before diconnecting/reconnecting.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Thx for the tip but still the same thing
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM

Disconnect both terminals from the Battery and wait a good 5 minutes before reconnecting. Make sure the cables are clean and you tighten them well. Connect the ground cable first and make sure the car is off and key removed before diconnecting/reconnecting.

YES. DO this , BUT...... after battery disconnect. Turn Key to ON. Leave for 30 sec. Turn OFF and REMOVE key. Wait 5-more min. Then connect Battery. Give it 2-minutes (at Least)....... Turn the key, Software will take 30-40 seconds to reboot, Wait till wee lil
DAYTONA symble shows and then give er a ful turn to start.
IF that doesn't do it....... I'll be damned.

Cheers Mate
[SIGPIC] Original Order # 96 out of 200 (canadian) 40K miles (total) , 20K on the "Re-build".... am gettin' buried in this car...AFE Stage II CAI, SRT Hood , MOPAR PERFORMANCE: Headers/Catback/P.PHeads/Comp Cam 273 / -diablo CMR tune. MOPAR TQ 2800,Steel forged Rotating Assy-internals (Mopar) Manley Forged Pistons/ line bored/balance & BP Printed /KW V-2 Coil-Over Susp. w/MOPAR Perfomance F&R sway-bar (EIBACH) / Borla Exhaust LT headers (mopar)/DMH E-Cutouts
Baer 6 piston X-treme , Franks coatings on all. Line-Lc Twin Roots S/C in a Box.... going on later this spring.Unofic'l/ Air clocked @ 174.37MPH :l
Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 PM

Hey leifo, were you ever able to find the problem?? I have the same symptoms. I seem to think the mechanic shop switched the terminals when they attempted to jump start it..... Hoping they didn't screw up the CPU.....
Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM

My Charger: SXT V6 with Blastin Bobs 14db exhaust pipes
Guys any more info on this. I took my car to body shop, when I took it out the ESP BAS and ABS light was on. When I asked them what have they done, reply was simple - didnt touch any electrics. Then I took it to another guy to put indicators on and after that the indicators didnt work at all and all the other devices that are on that switch (wipers/headlights/sprinkler) and even the drivers side window. We went round checking round the fuses and all fuses are healthy apart from the rear fuse box which look like had some water in the trunk ages ago as theres quite a bit of corrosion round the plugs. Pulled some fuses out and they had greenish grey pins - corroded.
After checking the fuses still no blinkers or wipers worked and as addition the check engine sign came on!!!
So wtf. You guys getting any luck? I will hook it up to a PC tomoz to run diagnostics.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.