2013 Charger SRT Launch Mode - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 AM

Exclamation 2013 Charger SRT Launch Mode

For the life of me, I cannot get my 2013 Charger SRT to kick into launch mode. I have hit the ESC button twice on the center console, only to have it turn off ESP and turn it back on. Am I missing something? Hitting the wrong button? Was there a system update that I missed?
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 AM

Same here man. Mind doesn't have it ether. I think they didn't put it on the first 2013 srt's. Wonder if there is a add on to the 2013's that dont have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 AM

I have heard that there is a update that needs to be done in order to enable it, but that was only with the '13 Challies... I haven't seen anything on the '13 Chargers..

Any idea on how to pull up the version ID of your car? I guess I need to make a trip to the dealership... Ugh..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 AM

Manual says its not unlocked until after 500 miles. Are you guys past that point?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM

When you say "launch mode" are you referring to turning the esp completely off? I am assuming that the new SRT's still function like my 07, meaning one press of the button turns it partially off, while holding the button for 10 seconds or so while still in PARK will bring up the dings and turn the esp system off. Things could have changed, but that's how the older ones work. There's also the old trick of while at a stop or gently rolling, turn your key as if starting the car. The radio, warning lights and all will cut off momentarily (starter won't engage) and then you are in full off mode. Again, this works on the earlier models, can't guaranty it on yours. Maybe someone else has tried it on the newer ones and will speak up.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM

Here's what it is:

"A new for 2013, standard launch control system helps maximize straight-line acceleration.

When the vehicle is at a complete stop, the driver engages the system by pressing the ESC button twice and then with their foot securely on the brake, quickly applies full throttle. Launch control holds the engine at optimal launch rpm (1,825) and waits for the driver to release the brake. Launch control then uses engine torque management to achieve controlled wheelslip for maximum acceleration up to 62 mph (100 kph). "

According to SRT, it should display it up on the dash, letting you know that it is indeed engaged.. Though i have hit that button till i got "Pac-Man" thumb, and it still isnt working.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerVA View Post
Here's what it is:

"A new for 2013, standard launch control system helps maximize straight-line acceleration.

When the vehicle is at a complete stop, the driver engages the system by pressing the ESC button twice and then with their foot securely on the brake, quickly applies full throttle. Launch control holds the engine at optimal launch rpm (1,825) and waits for the driver to release the brake. Launch control then uses engine torque management to achieve controlled wheelslip for maximum acceleration up to 62 mph (100 kph). "

According to SRT, it should display it up on the dash, letting you know that it is indeed engaged.. Though i have hit that button till i got "Pac-Man" thumb, and it still isnt working.

There's also a Yellow sheet that comes with your manual. It explains exactly how to engage the Launch Control, and that it is not available for the first 500 miles of the vehicles life.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Waaay past the 500+ mile point, unfortunately. I will double check the manual on that "Yellow Sheet". Maybe the dealership skimped on mine...
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM

My Charger: 2012 Charger Road & Track
Vehicles built prior to 12/2012 are not equipped with this feature. Engineering is currently working on a fix for this concern.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM

My Challenger was built Nov 23 and has Launch Control as another member's Challenger that was built a couple weeks before mine....so the "rumor" I keep seeing posted that cars built before Dec 2012 are wrong......that said, you need to read this thread from another forum...will answer all your questions.. http://www.lxforums.com/board/f155/2...ontrol-318192/

/
..2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO.....426 ARRINGTON STOKER TUNED BY HEMITUNER....LMI TRUE CAI....API CUSTOM CAM...6.1 ALUMINUM INTAKE....3.23 GETRAG GEARS BY BFNY PERFORMANCE....87MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY BY MODERN MUSCLE....

PB ET: 11.674 @ 118.32MPH 1.602 SIXTY FT WITH 305/35/20 MT DR....TRACK TEMP 98* WITH 2500+DA..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Tags
launch mode, srt 8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.