Exhaust heat shield - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 PM

My Charger: 2009 TORRED RT w/ R&T
Exhaust heat shield

Would it be ok to remove the heat shield under the car? Two of the little stamped bolts have come off. It's rattling and banging against the exhaust. This is the third time they have come loose. It would be so much easier to remove

Name is brad
All GO FAST and NO SHOW
Bolted, Geared, and Bottle Fed

"If one day speed kills me, do not cry because I died smiling"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM

Its a safety thing, but my opinion would be to remove it, but others may feel differently. I just had to pull them off my Vibe for the same reason.

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
I took mine off with the cats.... You mean the aluminum heat shields protecting the rubber suspension/sway bar pieces? ...or the plastic belly pan? The belly pan is there to aid in cooling the engine, but many have taken it off. You need the front part to stabilize the front bumper cover/fascia.

The one on the passenger side (heat shield) protects the starter...

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 AM

No I'm talking about the heat shield under the middle section of the car. I just don't want to melt the carpet to the floor
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

My Charger: 2008 Charger SXT
Send a message via AIM to Stumblin Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFO09R/T View Post
No I'm talking about the heat shield under the middle section of the car. I just don't want to melt the carpet to the floor
Go to an auto parts store and buy the self stick heat shield. I did that to my car after getting exhaust four years ago and it's still there doin' its thang.
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the replays...I'm gonna take it off and keep and eye on how hot everything gets, if I have to I will figure out a better fastener solution for the sheild
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM

That is there also for the gas tank...Keeps the suitcase from overheating the saddle tanks..

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM

They are separate pieces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.