Charger R/T vs Subaru WRX - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 AM
djtuzik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Charger R/T vs Subaru WRX

People!
So I test drove the charger R/T at it seemed like a tank! (not in a bad way) but it felt so heavy. I didn't take it to small roads, just on a small highway at my WRX feels so nible compared to the muscle car. Have any of you switched from a WRX? share you thoughts what you do and don't like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
torred 3.5

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If i were in the market for an AWD monster of a car... it'd be the WRX. I think it'd be a tough switch... but Charger owners like the fact the car is heavy, wide, and long. It's just an acquired taste, it's not easy to grow accustomed to, I've been brought up in the family just with big RWD sedans or SUVs so I love big cars.

2008 Dodge// Charger SE Plus 3.5
TORRED exterior. Mods: too many to list.

Charger bought new, 10 minutes from Chrysler headquarters on December 30, 2008.
#3 Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
lg68jcu

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to the charger RT from a G8. And the Charger felt like a floppy fish in comparison. It took 3-4 weeks to get used to. The charger still handles well for it's size but it's not like my G8. If you have a Newer or older 13 second WRX it would be hard to convince me to get a charger. I have 3 kids so I need the charger for it's size. If I had the G8 GT instead of my V6 I would have kept my G8 without debate.

I should add I love the charger overall. I just miss the road handling. The new tech stuff is Awesome. Just doesn't have the same driving dynamics. I guess the G8 was smaller too. The Charger felt allot bigger. I love the HEMI And V8. So overall I lik it better than my V6 g8

Last edited by lg68jcu; 01-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.
#4 Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Devils6

I know it's off topic but i beat a EVO with my V6 charger

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2013 Dodge Charger 5.7L HEMI TorRed BlackTop with Beats Audio. SLP LoudMouth 2, Kooks Long Tube Headers, 20% Tint, LMI AirHammer Intake... More to come.

2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L Brilliant Black (Traded Up) Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 20% tint, Cold Plugs, 100 Shot Zex wet Nitrous Kit.
#5 Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
blackRTnTN

The Charger and the WRX are two TOTALLY different cars. The Charger is a big car, hands down. Similar to how an S-class or 7 series is a big car, not 1970s Cadillac big. Nonetheless, it handles very well considering it's size. I've never driven a WRX so I can't compare, but I wouldn't be afraid to put the Charger through it's paces on a smaller road. Base models might be a bit boaty, but R/Ts are pretty tight. Especially if you have the 20" wheels and Track package.

2012 Charger R/T Max. Black on Black.
#6 Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
supersport79

@ Ig68jcu - i remember you from G8board. I too got a Charger (12 RT Road & Track) after my G8 GT was stolen. I love my Charger, but I LOVED my G8. The charger handles well, but the Charger just isnt as well sorted in terms of handling. It just feels bigger on road, although the interior size between the too is pretty much the same. Just took some time to get used to.

Sorry to highjack the thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

- 12 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track "The Revival" Plasti-Dipped and soon to be tinted

- 08 Pontiac G8 GT "World Beater" - Stolen from the dealership while getting an oil change (yes, you read that right) - HID Conversion, LED Foglights, Custom Leather Armrest, Tinted, Corsa Catback Exhaust, Debadged, Plasti-dip rims and some other go-fast mods - GONE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
#7 Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM
ChargerGarden

I’ve owned a 5 speed 02 WRX...wow just fun, but there not in the same class. i loved my WRX it just wasn’t practical. Yes it was four doors but the back seats were a joke, not very comfy nether.
than we had kids, not easy...car seats in a WRX? yikes they barely fit. That’s why we got a charger we love it, step on the gas and that hemi wakes up! The comfort and space is great.
I do miss the WRX....

2009 Silver Charger R/T
#8 Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Jonny
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Get a 2009+, those wrx' are tasty. In the twisties, the wrx wins, flat out... That's a different story.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
#9 Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Aetherfury

Switched from a 2011 STI and never looked back. My charger with intake and exhaust feels close to as fast as my STI was (stage 1+intake) and it feels soooo much more mature and confortable. I love the gadgets and Subaru has the worst stereos ever.

Yes I miss the handling for sure, but I have one toddler with another on the way and I like having space and looking my age

Last edited by Aetherfury; 01-13-2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
#10 Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
POWERMAN

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cars like the Evo's and STI's are RAW cars..
Purely focused on performance at the expense of comfort imo..

When your younger, stuff like road noise, interior cabin silence etc dont bother you, and the added benefit of a stick shift definitely keeps you in charge.

With age, priorities change..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List