Almost got my heart broken - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Almost got my heart broken

So I wake up this morning to do my usual Monday-Friday thing (work). Shower, get dressed, and all that. Walk out to get my lunch bag from the car so the wife can pack my lunch and when I open the door..... I see my glove box is open and I say "I know I didn't leave that open. Was it one of my daughters?" and then see my ashtray is open! Hmmm let me check the trunk and yup it's open too! Damn! Well I walk inside to give the bag to my girl and walk back out to the car hoping they didn't break the window to get in and the driver door isn't closed all the way. Damn again!

Alrite whatever I know they didn't take anything important cause I don't leave anything like that in the car. Around 8am at work I go back out to the car cause I'm curious as to how they got in. Well they jammed something threw the keyhole (still works) to pop it open and that's when I noticed how close I was to getting my heart broken. There was a dent on the ignition switch, but I'm guessing they couldn't get it to turn. When it comes down to it , it's really my fault for being lazy and not getting an alarm installed. Guess I'll be doing that today after the barber shop. That line you see near the keyhole is not a scratch, it's cracked!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	damn.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	72521  
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Patriot Infinity
Wow well it's a good thing they couldn't get it started. I'd be raging if I went out and saw my car was missing. I thought all models came standard with alarms?

2008 Dodge Charger R/T w/R&T
Instagram: @patriotinfinity for pictures of my Charger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM

My Charger: 2013 SXT+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Infinity View Post
I thought all models came standard with alarms?
+1

This reminds of that post earlier stating that the Charger made the list for some of the most stolen cars..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM

They can NOT start the car due to the smart key. They can drag it up onto a flatbed and drive it away, though.

Glad you came out okay on that one. Can you improve security where your car is parked? (lights, camera, alarm?)

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM

Naw my car just honks when I lock it but other than that, nothin. Getting a camera to put in front of the house and I have some extra security just in case I catch em this time. And here I am...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1357864330.762532.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	72523

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM

My Charger: 2010 SXT
I had a friend had this happen to, but they took out the key assembly. I rewired things & started car and shocked everyone, including the dealership. I said "I don't need the key or smart chip thing." I drove it around before the dealership made me drive it on a flatbed.

2010 Bright White 3.5L H/O SXT V6
Red graphics & CF dash kit (by me), tint, Grill, spoiler, lip, diffuser switchbacks, R/T exhaust modded, catch can, Badge via Rebadgedesign, Script Charger emblems, Mopar pedals, full LED convertion, ZXE low beams, lowered, R1 Rotors & Predator. To install: trunk filler, ported TB, CAI & Spyder headlights.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 PM

Wow. Glad they didn't take it. That happened to my G8 except they were just looking for objects to steal like GPS etc. I was fortunate they didn't mess my car up out of frustration.

I woke up to my drivers door wide open. That was not a good feeling. I feel for ya.

Last edited by lg68jcu; 01-10-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar devil dog View Post
I had a friend had this happen to, but they took out the key assembly. I rewired things & started car and shocked everyone, including the dealership. I said "I don't need the key or smart chip thing." I drove it around before the dealership made me drive it on a flatbed.

What sort of Charger did your friend have? It's possible to buy them without the SKIS system, for fleets anyway. If he had one of those, what you describe is possible. If he had a car that does have SKIS, but also had a halfassed security system install, then it's possible, see below. A properly operating SKIS wont allow the car to run longer than 3 seconds, no matter what you rewire. The SKIM sends a "kernel" to the key, which plugs that kernel into a math problem based on that kernel, and then sends the answer and problem to the SKIM. The PCM and the SKIM both run redundant checks by running the same problem and then compare answers. Any mismatch causes a shutdown in 2-3 seconds. Three tries gets a lockout.

ZeeVee, I see your car in front of a shop, what were they doing? The only vehicles of our type that I have ever verified as being driven as opposed to flatbedded met one of two conditions.

1. Owner left a factory key around
2. Owner let a security installer use a factory key (either one provided, or one made with the two factory keys) to install back behind the dash completely bypassing one of the best systems in the industry
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM

My Charger: 2010 SXT
Was a Chevy SS, had the chip in the key. Maybe he dropped keys in car, possible huh.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM

My Charger: 2013 SRT8 Charger
Angry

Wow! My 06 got broken into that same way, twice a couple of years ago...that's the worst feeling, violated.

2013 Charger SRT8 HellBoy red interior (purchased 7/25/14)
2011 Charger R/T plus, HellBoy red interior (purchased 8/2/11) Gone but not forgotten
2013 Dart Rallye, (purchased 12/19/12)
RETIRED...2006 Charger R/T, 22" Maas rims, L.E.D tinted color matched tails,20% tint, K&N CAI ,modern muscle billet catch can, diablo 93 octane CAI tune, Flowmaster 44/4" tips, matte black spoiler,blacked out trunk,matte grill,mopar chin,HEMI tattoos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.