LED tail/brake light bulbs don't work - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM

Angry LED tail/brake light bulbs don't work

So I went ahead and ordered all LEDs for my Mango. Brake/Taillight bulbs,Reverse lights.

I ordered them from superbrightleds.com and they got to my house very quick so as soon as I got them I was excited to install them so I took out my tail lights and swapped out the bulbs and turn the lights on and nothing talk about pissed off. Only the reverse lights work has anybody else had this problem because I'm about to send these back not happy

Current 2012 SRT8 Challenger 392
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM

Now slow down. When you say they dont work. Do you mean they dont light up? Or they dont flash?

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 AM

LEDs are not like regular bulbs. They only work in one orientation. If you plug them into the socket and they don't light, take them out, rotate 180-degrees, plug back in and voila. If you do that and they still don't work, then contact the vendor.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 AM

They won't turn or blink and I tried turning them 180 degrees and still no luck

Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM

Maybe you need a Load Resister??

I am interested in doing this also.

Turn signal issues with LED bulbs

LED brake/tail lamps will not flash with thermal flasher units due to their extremely low current draw. Also, with stock flasher units, the turn signals may flash faster than normal (Hyper-Flash) or trigger bulb-out indicator on dash. Some vehicles will also disable the cruise control system if a brake light bulb is being indicated as bad. These installations will require an electronic flasher unit, available in our car bulb shopping category (for some vehicles) or at your auto parts store. Flashers designed to work with LED bulbs will often say "LED compatible". HEAVY DUTY flashers may also work with LED bulbs.

We offer some LED Flashers but we do not know which one (if any) will fit your vehicle. You will have to compare the pin-out of your flasher with the pin-outs of the flashers we offer, to see if we have a match, BEFORE you order one. Sorry but we do not have a flasher application list or the expertise to tell you which of our flashers will fit your vehicle.

Another fix is the installation of Load Resistors which are wired across (in parallel with) the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a standard filament bulb. We also have these available in our car bulb shopping category
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Chargers dont have flashers any more. You need to splice load resistors into the wiring.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM

Ok are there any threads on here on how to do that and where is a good place to get them

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM

I ordered load resistors so hopefully this will correct my issues. I ordered 4 of them for each LED is that correct?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 AM

LED's are great!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your led kits, not sure why they're not working for you. I have an '06 GoMango Daytona with lots of modded upgrades, one of the first thing I did was replace the factory exterior lights as they are typical and unappealing. I purchased the halo sets for the front, high intensity sidelights, smoked fogs, and leds for the rear and in under 1 hour with a friend I had all installed right from out of the box and with no issues or additional items required.

I would guess there is a wiring conflict somewhere? I am not an expert but my first thought would be a fuse popped or short in the wiring, etc. Question, if you were to but back the originals do they work?
K&N Typhoon Cold Air In-take, JBA High Flow Shorty Headers, Magnaflow mid-pipes with off-road CATS, Magnaflow Cat-Back Kit, Rotora Big Brakes Kit 13" Drilled & Slotted with 6 Piston (front) 4 Piston (Rear) Red Calipers, ST Suspension High Performance Yellow Coilovers, Mopar Rallye Black Rims, Rear Diffuser, Halo Projection Headlights & Rear LED Taillights!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM

I know its a bummer for sure but to answer your question yes the stock bulbs work when I put them back in

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.