Projector headlights with halos - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM

Projector headlights with halos

Can you see good with the project headlights and can you even tell the halos are on = ebay projectors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 11:57 AM

Depends. When I got mine, they didn't have a great view side-to-side. I noticed this especially on turns. There is a very specific shape to the lights. OEM lights tend to scatter the light vs. projectors focus the beam. On the flip side, in some areas you get better light than OEM. You can compensate this though more upgrades:

1) Upgrade headlights to HID. The halogens are not that great that come with these. I've noticed a difference since upgrading to HID. Plan on spending about $80 on a kit.
2) If you have fogs, upgrade those to HID too. The fogs will scatter the light and fill in the spots the headlights don't reach. The factory bulbs are more for show. Plan on $35 for this kit.

Do those two things and you'll have better light than OEM and your car will look awesome. If you can only afford one kit at a time, do the fogs first. Also, most people said their Spyder headlights come misaligned. Plan on adjusting these so you're not blinding people your first time out. My beam is between the trunk and taillights for most cars.

The halos are essentially an acrylic ring with an LED that projects into it. Kind of like a fiber optic cable in a ring. If you're looking for something that's bright in day-time then this is not for you. It does look great dawn, dusk, and night though. You can see them during the day but they are not as bright as an LED ring or CCFL. I didn't go that route because of costs and complexity of the install. You have to put your headlights in an oven to separate the lenses.

Good Luck. Let us know what you decide on.

2010 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5

Spyder Halo/LED/Projection lights, 5k HID Lows & Fogs
K2 Black Honeycomb Grill w/ 1969 Charger Emblem
Custom Black Billet T-Shift w/ "Charger" engraving
30% Tint, all 5 windows, Class III Receiver
Diablosport (93 tune) CAI (generic/fender) R/T Exhaust.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the advise ima think about the headlights idk what im going to do yet but this is a old pic of my car i have the srt8 hood on it now.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 PM

Nice. Looks like we have the same grill. Some matte black le-mains decals would look good on that.

I went with the spyder headlights because they are fairly inexpensive and look great. If i ever wanted to go back to oem, I just reinstall them and sell the spyders. Plus I figured if the install goes bad (led/ccfl rings) I could potentially ruin headlights on my daily driver.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 PM

When looking at the Halo's on the ebay projectors make sure you get CCFL if you want them bright during the day. I wanted CCFL and they sent me the wrong ones. I kept them because I got them cheap, but I really wish they were CCFL. I will do a retrofit soon to fix that.

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoAce51 View Post
When looking at the Halo's on the ebay projectors make sure you get CCFL if you want them bright during the day. I wanted CCFL and they sent me the wrong ones. I kept them because I got them cheap, but I really wish they were CCFL. I will do a retrofit soon to fix that.
So the CCFL halos are bright during the day? I thought about buying those and I saw a web site called theretrofitsource.com which I believe may be what your talking about im just worried about when after putting the headlights back together after installing the halo kits is getting moisture in the lenses.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
For the couple of times I have bought the eBay projector lights, I have sold them a week later. This was on previous cars.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM

I've had a fair response from the Ebay projectors that I had on my magnum. The CCFL was better than a halo. The fitment left a little gap between the lights and the fascia and this is what has me hesitant about doing the aftermarket lights on my charger.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 PM

I bought a set off ebay and I have to agree wish I got the ccfl halos but I also did the hid lights too. I also bought the drive lights halo and projector didnt really make a difference ill be switching back to regular light housing but keeping the hid. Just my .02 once you have hid driving with normal lights will never be the same it seems like they arent even on lol
06 Inferno Red options I, II and III:mods Injen Intake, Diablo 91cai tune, 180 t stat, 3" cat back custom with flowmaster super 44s. HID lights with projectors and a grounding kit. Cusco oil catch can.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper82 View Post
So the CCFL halos are bright during the day? I thought about buying those and I saw a web site called theretrofitsource.com which I believe may be what your talking about im just worried about when after putting the headlights back together after installing the halo kits is getting moisture in the lenses.
The retrofit source is a good place to start. The guys name is Keith I believe. I dealt with him a lot when I bought the projectors and halo's I retrofitted in the Vibe. You can see those halos in the day, in the night, in the day even if the headlights are on, and at night driving through the drive through movies, you can have just them on and there is enough light to see and still move without annoying others.

As for moisture, just make sure you seal them up really good. IF you do get a little there are ways to dry it out and you will be good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.