Angel Eye LED vs. CCFL Halo - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Angel Eye LED vs. CCFL Halo

Hello,

I was looking to get some advice/ help on which set of lights would be better. This will be my first mod to the car and I thought lights would be a good place to start. I wanted to see what people think of the LED lights compared to the CCFL Halos. I have done a reasonable amount of research on both but still can't decide on which to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated, suggestions are also welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Both have reliability issues for some people but I'd go LEDs. They seem to be sturdier. CCFLs are fragile to handle during installation and they fry themselves out. Having said that there are also loads of success stories. Really you should choose based on which look you prefer.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM

Hmm ok. Are the LEDs brighter than the CCFL? Also do you know of any good places to look online or order from? The cheapest ones I can find are around $230 but seem kind of lacking.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:59 PM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
I would take CCFL over LED's, and do not have them now because they do not make them for the 2nd Gen. They look much cleaner when off and more precise when on IMO. But the LED's are brighter now-a-days..But when one LED goes out, you will have to take the whole light apart. With the CCFL's, you just replace a $10 transformer, and you are back in business..CCFL are a pain to install as mentioned as you have to be very careful, but I have never had one break afterwards and I ran them on my cars for over 6 years.

Cool part about the LED's, is that you can hook them to a controller and have many patterns..Or go with RGB like I have and have ooodles of colors and patterns.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 PM

LEDs....simpler to install and wire. A good diy project if you are up to the task.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 PM

Thank you all for responding, it was very helpful. I have decided which ones I'm going to get and will put up pictures when finished.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM

CCFL are brighter. my headlight halos are CCFL, and my fogz are LED halos you can barely see the LED halos in comparison; make sure you seal the headlight LED or CCFl before anything though, i had omega condensation a few weeks ago cuz of the weather and improper sealing
Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 PM

Awesome, thank you for the tip trashboat. I'm going with the CCFL halos 6000k for the lights. Fog lights are coming in the near future.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 PM

I suggest COB style LED. Way better than SMT LED ring and CFL ring

COB=Chip On Board. Google it and you will find plenty of vendors selling it. Most realizable halo so far.

Personally I will suggest you get the xB Halo from TRS(Also known as HIDPlanet, one of best auto lighting forums)

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 12-27-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashboat View Post
CCFL are brighter. my headlight halos are CCFL, and my fogz are LED halos you can barely see the LED halos in comparison; make sure you seal the headlight LED or CCFl before anything though, i had omega condensation a few weeks ago cuz of the weather and improper sealing
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

I've got the 6-ring LED kit from FlashTech. And I am not exaggerating one bit when I say "I can use the LEDs for night time driving."

Not only are they near-blinding at night, but they're also clearly visible in direct sunlight.

#TeamLEDs

Mods: C&L Intake, Cherry Bomb Vortex exhaust, FlashTech halos, Predator 93oct CAI tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.