I refuse to believe that there is nothing we can do to stop this! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 AM

I refuse to believe that there is nothing we can do to stop this!

There are many things you can do to reduce, not stop, this:

* Yes, gun control! Background checks, limiting number, power of guns
* Vastly expanded mental health services
* Better security at schools
* Better training of police so they don't just sit outside trying to figure out what to do while a killer is inside killing people
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 08:11 AM

My Charger: 2012 Charger Road & Track
Guess you want knife control too?

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story
Old 12-15-2012, 08:19 AM

The kid was too young to own those guns, even at 20 years old. They had to belong to someone else. That other person is responsible for putting them somewhere safe or putting locks in the chambers, locking up ammo, ect ect.
(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 AM

?

22 living children with slash wounds versus 20 dead ones with bullet holes in them?
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1978 Pontiac Trans Am 4-speed SE
2006 Daytona R/T Tor-Red (59 of 200 - Canadian)
Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 AM

Well, criminals don't get their guns through legal means anyway, so more laws won't help one bit there.

Since the Virginia Tech. shooting, the police do NOT "sit outside trying to figure out what do to." Most police departments are now trained in "active shooter" situations and have action plans in place.

"Vastly expanded mental health services" opens up a whole new ball o' wax, with major issues of personal freedom and rights... Three of the most recent shooters would have passed every check you can currently think of.

"Better security at schools" ... Until the schools are protected, guarded and look just like maximum security prisons, they can not say they've tried everything to protect them.

It would be great if "something" could be done, but as with many things, the devil's in the details.

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Old 12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
Well, criminals don't get their guns through legal means anyway, so more laws won't help one bit there.
EXACTLY

You want to take guns out of the hands of innocent people trying to defend themselves?

The bad guys aren't concerned with legal means in any way. No one goes "well shucks, I'd rob that bank or shoot up that school but I cant get my concealed carry permit"
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
Quote:

Logic.
It works. Too bad it is so uncommon, especially amongst lawmakers.

Cars kill more people everyday. It would actually be far more effective to require background checks to own/operate a vehicle. Convicted felon or mental illness history? No cars for you!

If someone wants to kill people, they will do it with any means necessary, including killing lots of people. Poison gas, explosives, vehicles... they can all create mass casualty incidents.

How about: Instead of restricting gun ownership, we make those that don't properly store/care for them responsible for their misuse!

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM

Mass media could stop making them famous. How many maladjusted kids are sitting at home feeling like the world has forgotten them watching the news and thinking "if I did that, everybody would know who I was" ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-15-2012, 11:31 AM

My Charger: 2010 R/T with road and track group package
It's not going to be easy for the parents and family of the children who were murdered by the this devil. Sometimes I wonder if there really is a God who is suppose to watch over us. Why would he let this happen to innocent children just before the Christmas holiday. I'm very happy that the gunman (Devil) killed him self, because if he went through the legal system he would of probably got life in prison. Life in prison means, three squares a day, a bed and protection from the outside world. Being that he killed him self, his body should be thrown out with the trash. He does not deserve a proper burial.
Another thing is where did he get his hands on these firearms? Why weren't these guns in a secured lock safe? The person who owned these firearms should also be in trouble with the law for unsafe practices involving safe keeping of firearms. I guess I could go on and on. I actually lost some sleep over this matter and I'm sure that it does bother a lot of us on this matter..

Big John
2010 Dodge Charger R/T with Road and Track group package,tinted all around. Black Crystal Pearl coat paint. 1966 Pontiac GTO tripower 4spd, 390posi. GTO made the cover of High Performance Pontiac Magazine Dec/92
Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Since the Virginia Tech. shooting, the police do NOT "sit outside trying to figure out what do to." Most police departments are now trained in "active shooter" situations and have action plans in place.
It was actually after the Columbine school shooting was when law enforcement started doing active shooter. Before that patrols were trained to set up a perimeter and wait. We learned the hard way that does not work. V. T. Did active shooter when the were finally able to make entry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.