Opinion On Rims For 2008 Dodge Charger - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 AM
deadwrong03

(Thread Starter)
Opinion On Rims For 2008 Dodge Charger

I just got a 2008 dodge charger 3.5l v6 mpi sohc 24v earlier this year, im contemplating getting maybe 20-22 in rims put on it sometime soon. Im not really going for a flashy look, i may even settle for some fancy 18 in dodge rims really. I dont want to get nothing that i cant really drive comfortably on (24 in) something that i can ride on on the bumpy streets of chicago with not much worry...and maybe a little snow if i want to leave them on all year.

what are the best size to go for my charger? isnt it the larger the rim size the rougher it is on your suspension and more damage your doing in the long run requiring more frequent oil changes etc?

this really will be my first time toying around with rims and other things i plan on doing with this car. i know i want to add the my gig radio and also MAYBE adding a moon roof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 AM
JD13X

Big wheels are over rated.
18's are more than enough for the 3.5.
I put the 17's back on for winter, which I currently have on now.
#3 Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 AM
JD13X

Big wheels are over rated.
18's are more than enough for the 3.5.
I put the 17's back on for winter, which I currently have on now.
#4 Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
michiganpat

what is harder on the suspension and ride is the weight of the tire/wheel assembly....typicallly the smaller the wheel, the lighter the assembly, but there are some really heavy 18's and some really light 20's (and some really, really heavy 20's)

depends on what style you like...might want to find some used take-offs on craigslist....or go new OEM, or go aftermarket. personally, I'd look at these wheels, which are the OEM wheels on the 2009 challenger rallye's

http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-ch...el-p-3566.html

reasonable price, good looks, OEM quality, and these are actually made in the USA....

if you're looking for a good all-year tire that's awesome in the snow, get the Nokian WRG2 SUV's in 235/55R18 or 225/60R18

'11 Toxic Orange Charger R/T
'06 Dodge Grand Caravan
'76 Plymouth Duster
#5 Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
WhiteOut529

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
I just got a 2008 dodge charger 3.5l v6 mpi sohc 24v earlier this year, im contemplating getting maybe 20-22 in rims put on it sometime soon. Im not really going for a flashy look, i may even settle for some fancy 18 in dodge rims really. I dont want to get nothing that i cant really drive comfortably on (24 in) something that i can ride on on the bumpy streets of chicago with not much worry...and maybe a little snow if i want to leave them on all year.

what are the best size to go for my charger? isnt it the larger the rim size the rougher it is on your suspension and more damage your doing in the long run requiring more frequent oil changes etc?

this really will be my first time toying around with rims and other things i plan on doing with this car. i know i want to add the my gig radio and also MAYBE adding a moon roof.
If your not going for the flashy look might want to just stay stock.... (BBOORRINNNG) LOL Im from chicago too man. Make your car stand out! its a CHARGER!

2007 3.5HO| TINTED 5% | 6.1" APP RADIO |VERSANTE 24" RIMS | 20" CHROME CLADS STAGGERED (WINTER) | DIABLO INTUNE | FLASHTECH RED HALOS | PLASTIDIP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#6 Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
deadwrong03

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut529 View Post
If your not going for the flashy look might want to just stay stock.... (BBOORRINNNG) LOL Im from chicago too man. Make your car stand out! its a CHARGER!
lol u got any pics of yours? How did u do yours? I'm on the west side of Chicago and the streets are terrible I just don't want to sacrifice a smooth rise and tear up the suspension just for a big rim lol just trying to be a little flashy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List