This is the REAL Charger Competitor - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 AM

This is the REAL Charger Competitor

Quote:
"If we're going to create a Chevy SS, it's going to be V-8, rear-wheel drive, and will be a car that we can sell in the showrooms," Campbell said. "It became a collaborative effort with NASCAR."

While a team of engineers designed the race car using road-car production methods (i.e. CAD, scale model wind-tunnel testing, etc.), GM's performance squad -- the same folks behind the Camaro ZL1 -- began honing the Chevy SS's athletic abilities. The team's canvas was GM's global rear-wheel-drive Zeta platform, versions of which underpin the current Camaro and upcoming Holden Commodore VF.

Reuss wanted to build upon the G8 GXP's capabilities for the new SS. A 2009 model powered by a version of GM's 6.2-liter V-8 we tested hit 60 mph from a standstill in 4.5 seconds; a quarter-mile in 13 seconds flat at 109.6 mph; and achieved 0.90 g average on the skidpad. "The chassis of the VE Commodore is phenomenal. But I think the refinement and user interface things will be quite different. And I think that this will be a very special car for Chevrolet," he said.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/c...#ixzz2ESl7Ocmq

COMING SOON!
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
707 horsepower
650 pound feet of torque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 AM

Knowing GM I'll believe it when I see it. Not to mention they already have a 4 door performance car called the Cadillac SVT. How many do they need???

This has already been discussed here : http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=160472
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM

Each GM brand has always had their own vehicle. The last example of this was the Cadillac Fleetwood, Buick Roadmaster, Chevy Impala SS and Chevy Caprice. They were all basically the same car, all with the same drivetrain.

Ford and Mercury, Infinity and Nissan, Honda and Acura, CHRYSLER and DODGE, every manufacturer does this.

I for one can't wait until February. The only reason why I'm driving my Charger right now is because I couldn't get the dealer to come down any more on the asking price of their Caprice PPV.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 AM

Chevy could build a full size sedan that hit 60 in 3.5, was built with Top-Of-The-Line goodies in the dash, and looked absolutely brilliant, and I STILL wouldn't buy it because it's a GM...which means it will be terrible and will break down constantly. True story.

Top Banana #321
Mods
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Some of you guys don't face reality

The reality is GM's performance engineers run circles around SRT with respect to handling. The CTS-V handles far better than any SRT8. Their shock technology is now being licensed to Ferrari.

Put down the homer glasses for a second and look at the competition objectively.

Chrysler is the company that is taking half a decade to bring a modern transmission into the SRT8
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM

I say "Bring it on, GM". Competition improves the breed.

Waiting for all the "real" Charger supporters to come out of the woodworks and diss the Charger at every level and how they're going to jump ship the moment this comes out. I don't think I've ever seen a forum that disses the car the forum is about as much as this one, except for maybe, the C4 Corvette forum. Waaaa,there's no tuning; Waaa. I don't like the current styling; Waaaaa, the SRT "only" has 470hp etc,etc, Waaaa 2010, was the last year they made a "rel" Charger" etc,etc....

Anything GM can do, Mopar can do better.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaesar View Post
Some of you guys don't face reality

The reality is GM's performance engineers run circles around SRT with respect to handling. The CTS-V handles far better than any SRT8. Their shock technology is now being licensed to Ferrari.

Put down the homer glasses for a second and look at the competition objectively.

Chrysler is the company that is taking half a decade to bring a modern transmission into the SRT8
Any particular reason, you are here on this forum, besides to whine and complain at every turn about how our cars suck? Is there anything, you like about a Charger?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WhiteSRT View Post
Any particular reason, you are here on this forum, besides to whine and complain at every turn about how our cars suck? Is there anything, you like about a Charger?
amen!
2012 Charger SRT TUNGSTEN Metallic* Amsoil 5w-40*KW Coilover Sleeves*Mopar CAI*Billet Tech Catch Can*Moroso coolant tank*MSD coil packs*Hawk Ceramics*Zoomers cat back*DS Trinity*Whiteline 33mm front adj. swaybar*Speedlogix rear 4pt. strutbrace*AEM failsafe wideband*Trufiber A-23 hood*ACE Alloy convex 20x9/20x10.5*Toyo proxes 4 255/40r20F*Toyo R888 285/35r20R*6000kLows/6000k fogs/Piaa GTX Highs*

2006 Charger SRT8
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM

Agreed... competition is what improves vehicles. If the Camaro wasn't the performance beast it is, Ford would have NEVER come up with the Coyote engine and an 11 second Mustang (DRs).

I think it's only a matter of time before they come up with a good platform to drop the Eagle in. I would also love to see it have direct injection
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WhiteSRT View Post
He's been here since 05, has 8500 posts, and owns an SRT-8. I think he has the right to say the SRT lacks in handling to the competitor if he wants to. You seem to be the one whining about the whiners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.