Arrested for buying a car too cheap? - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

#1 Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Jonny
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

(Thread Starter)
Arrested for buying a car too cheap?

Dealer sends cops to arrest man after they sold him a car for $5600 less than they should have... for stealing the car!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/02/c...-after-having/

This happened over a month after he took delivery...

Not surprisingly, he is suing the dealership.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
ZeeVee310

He's pretty much gonna be getting a free car and a house after everything is said and done.

Westcoast Cali Mopars
#3 Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Yep, score an other one for the power of the internet. Looks like Toyota dropped the hammer pretty hard, in an unofficial way, of course. Theres such a thing as being legally right, but morally wrong.

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
#4 Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM
david_nightmare

thats awsome...guys going to make away like a bandit
#5 Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Jonny

(Thread Starter)
When I purchased my 2010, the dealer put the wrong year on the contract. I never noticed...

Days after delivery, they wanted me to come back and resign proper papers, as the bank refused to accept the paperwork.

I signed, but I wondered what would have happened had I refused to sign... I guess I could have consulted with a lawyer before signing. Bottom line was, I made and agreed to the deal, which was the same in the new paperwork...

Would have been interesting to see how that could have played out. My dislike of drama in my life negated the curiosity in me.
#6 Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 PM
electrum

i bought an 86 Mazda pickup... they had a bunch of them on the lot that were identical.
bought it on Saturday and picked the brown one, and the salesman was so anxious to sell it, the computer was down so he let me drive it home and i went back in on Monday to finish the paperwork. but when i got it home it looked to low on the left side.. measure it and it was 1inch low. so when i went back in on monday after work, the salesman came out all happy and said something like "ok.. ready to sign the papers?".. i said 'nope, don't think i want it".. the salesman crapped in his pants. i ended up getting a different one, signed the papers on that one. but then they had a new one with a few hundred miles on it. got the new pickup home, measured it.. same thing was an inch low. turns out they use a torsion bar front suspension... and they had not been dealer prepped. i cranked a little on the bolt under the car and it leveled right out. i went back the next day to tell the salesman it was an easy fix on the one i didn't want.. they had already fired the salesman.
dealers are such goof balls.

2008 Surf Blue SuperBee #827
MOPAR CAI/InTune/LockPick/SpareTireKit/BackUpCam/Gorilla Lugs/BT CatchCan/UltimatePedals
#7 Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Hemi_Infantry

And they want to take our guns away? Shhheeeeeeeyaaaa.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
#8 Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM
xkm121

Saw this news a long time ago. Read it on USAToday. Chevy was willing to compensate with cash, but I remember seeing the guy wanted a free 2013 Corvette ZL1 instead.

Bitten By Mod Bug Again

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
#9 Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Jonny

(Thread Starter)
According to this story, they harassed him at work as well. I can find no references to a Corvette, cash settlement or USA today with a Google search. Can anyone find me one?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/10/...ite-apologies/

If the second story is correct in the facts, I wouldn't want to settle for a free Corvette. False charges alleged, arrested in front of your family and neighbors, harassed at work. This can actually take quite a toll on someone emotionally, whether people realize it or not. This went on for quite some time before culminating in the arrest.

He signed a second contract for the second car. The sales manager screwed up and tried to cover his own behind, at the expense of the buyer. Alleging you stole a car and sending the police out is a rather extreme measure, especially if you are in the wrong legally.
#10 Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Gladiator
Super Moderator

Shouldn't the police stopped, scratched their heads and said "He did what?" before going over to arrest this guy?

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List