Charger Forums banner

another german guy...

3K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  german-rt 
#1 · (Edited)
NEW PICS ALWAYS ON THE LAST PAGE !

Hey,

... enough reading - time to register and say hello.
My name is Martin, im 29 years old and im from Nuermberg, Germany. (Yes, a "real" german ;) )

8 Months ago - driving my audi a3 - i wanted something new. Bigger, more power.. something.. exotic.
Something i wont see that much on german streets. After some test drives with a chrysler 300c and audi
a8 i drove a dodge charger rt. what a car.... But you cant buy it in germany. Challenger, Mustang, 300C - no problem.
But no Charger.

Sooo... with a lot of help from American-CT (german company for importcars) i got a 2009 Dodge Charger RT 5.7l V8 Hemi
(oh... that sound sooo nice) from Naples with ~50.000 Miles on it.

Well, still driving mit Charger and searching for some ideas for the next year.
The german charger-community is very small (most you lern from the 300c-guys), so i hope i can get some informations here :)

(ok, enough bad english ... :D )

*greetz*

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wikommen, Martin, and I'm afraid I have very little if my early school years education in German left. But your English is great, much better than a lot of native speakers apply to online conversation.

Now I will get back out of the way of the crowd of "Damn, wish I could drive my Charger on the Autobahn" well wishers.

As far as German Charger owners, most will be US military members, of which have a few.

#6 ·
As far as German Charger owners, most will be US military members, of which have a few.
year... i have to military bases in my "neighborhood" - Bamberg and Grafenwöhr. But i believe, most of them drive "normal" cars oder riceburners :)

Now I will get back out of the way of the crowd of "Damn, wish I could drive my Charger on the Autobahn" well wishers.

autobahn.. well...
- about 50% of german autobahn are limited to 130kmh (~80 mph)
- most of the time there is a lot of traffic
- and you have to pay 1,55euro/liter ( $7,52/gallon)... and you know what your car needs ;)
- my charger is limited to 140 mph :(

#8 ·
Welcome aboard from Annapolis, MD

Keep an eye out on the forum, we do have some members in Germany. Mostly US military, but still nice folks.

The 300C is a lot like your RT.

The folks here are great. There's always someone ready to help.

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum, I currently have a Mopar 11 here in Germany. I'm in the Army stationed here in Wiesbaden. Maybe we will see each other around. Again welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
foco13, I'm stationed in Wiesbaden, about a hour or so from K-town, would like to meet up with a fellow Mopar guy & shot the ****. I currently have a Mopar 11 over here.

#20 ·
Hey Martin, in another thread, a member was saying we should have autobahn style roads here in the US. I know that German driver training is a lot more intensive than driver training in the US, and that you have regular TUV inspections.

Could you give me some details on hom long it averages to go from no license to being a driver on the roads over there. And the cost of such training. Also, how frequent and costly are the TUV inspections, and how comprehensive are they?

My state, MD, has one of the better driver training programs around, but %90 of the required on road experience is signed off by the rivers parents, a gaping hole as I see it. A lot of parents "pencil whip" them, meaning they just sign that it was done. And auto safety inspections are only done when a car is sold, if it's never sold again, it never gets another safety inspection. In some of our states, there is no inspection requirement at all.

#21 · (Edited)
ok... i try to explain with my "bad english" ;)

first: you have several classes. for example class "b" is only cars.
class "A" are motorcycles, "c" are trucks less then 3,5t - "c1" > 3,5t.
and so on. i only have "b" - so i can drive all cars and 50ccm bikes.

i began my license in april 2001. finished in august 2001.
first you have to do a writing test. then you have a practical test.
you can do your test if you are 17ten - but for the license you must
be 18. with 17ten you can drive - but somebody with license and older
then 21 must sitting next to you in the car.

part of the writingtest are questions about traffic-signs, speedlimits,
trailers and so on. a lot of stuff you will never need if you pass :)
all the stuff you lern in theory-lessons. like in school :)

at the practical test you have to drive in the city, a bit on the autobahn
and on the.. "landstraße" (?). the months bevor you have to drive
several houres on autobahn, at night, in the city etc. to learn how
to act and compare both.

with 3 wrong answers in the writing test oder 3 mistakes in pratical test
you fail. every test costs about 100euro.

the whole license - depending on who long you take - costs about 1400 euro.

wow... its hard to explain that in english. hope you understand everything...

so...TÜV - every car, every 2 years. costs about 100 euro. they check the brakes, lights, wheels, safety and exhaust-system. depends on the person
who checks.. some guyes are strict and others are .. easy going

#22 ·
You did great, Martin, very understandable.

Here, in Maryland, my daughters driving school cost I think $200, or about 150 euro. Wasnt a bad school, actually, much more comprehensive than I expected, but there are less expensive options that have far less theory and instructors that basically are along for the ride. 30 hours classroom and six hours on the road. With a required 14 hours additional required with an adult like a parent. But that can be pencil whipped.

Total for her license was about 80 Euro, written test was 25 questions, road test was about 20 minutes, including a little time in the nearby small town and rural highway. Retest allowed the next day, then you must wait seven days if you fail the second one.

This is actually one of the toughest programs in the US, and it has shown great results in our teen driver fatality rates.

Thanks for sharing, Martin.

#24 ·
So... dont know how you handle this here - a new thread for every mod or one "tracking-thread".
i like the last one ... maybe a little.. "german-fetish" :)

so.. spring is in germany and finaly i got my new-old 2008 tail lights from san francisco :)

i like it - much cleaner then the 2009:)

#25 ·
I agree, I like the lines of the older lights better. I think you are the first person I have seen to take that side by side pics, illustrates the difference perfectly. And It's springtime here too, the bats are out gobbling up bugs, the snakes are out gobbling up mice, and I saw a bald eagle fly over my house this AM.

#26 ·
so... next step to "my" perfect charger :)

today part 1:
- kw v1 coilovers
- cleaning the side mouldings

tomorrow part 2:
- balstin bobs
- the rims *g

Attachments

#27 ·
so.... big day... new rims.

- vellano vuh deep concave
- 22x10 all around
- 265/30/22 michelin pilot sport tires

and... blastin bobs 11db

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.