FINALLY got an srt8 hood. But the fitment is **** *PICS, what can i do? - Dodge Charger Forums
Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

#1 Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
FINALLY got an srt8 hood. But the fitment is **** *PICS, what can i do?

Hey guys

so here are some pics, i have no idea what brand it is i got it for 250 so i wasnt in a position to complain!

tell me what you think.. i installed it quickly by myself so i didnt really take my time. what are some ways i can adjust this thing? can i bring it to a body shop?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
TheAlmightyBob

Looks like the front bump stops need to be adjusted. Bit im looking at it on my phone
#3 Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
i put them all the way to the right (which makes it smaller) and it still sticks up. im pretty sure its made out of fiber glass!
#4 Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
PowerslavePA
Banned User

---Removed---

Last edited by PowerslavePA; 11-26-2012 at 09:11 AM.
#5 Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 PM
PlumCrazyDaytona
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Check your rear hinge adjustments, setting a hood is a PIA!!!

good luck

6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
#6 Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 PM
TNCHARGER

Any hood requires some patience and skill to get right....but many of the fiberglass aftermarket hoods are a POS....Unfortunely for you looking at your pictures I would say you got one..
#7 Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
Unless you have experience aligning a hood, you might just want to take it to a good body shop to do it for you. DIY is difficult if you've never done it before. The hood needs to be moved in 3 dimensions and every slight adjustment results in a changing of the X,Y and Z axis in ways that aren't predictable or intuitive.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
#8 Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM
CTown R/T R&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
Any hood requires some patience and skill to get right....but many of the fiberglass aftermarket hoods are a POS....Unfortunely for you looking at your pictures I would say you got one..
This. There is a reason it was only $250.00. Unfortunately, any money saved will be spent on a good body man, correcting it.
Good luck, hope it works out for ya.
#9 Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
thanks guys ill see what i can do with it.. it was on another charger and found it on craigslist lol i figured it couldnt be that bad. i also havent re vinyled the hood to match the car so maybe thatll help abit too.
#10 Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Ron380

I've never tried to fit a hood, so all I can say is' "Good Luck!"

I have seen many posts about the fg hoods, so one thing I can say is, "Get Hood Pins!" I've seen the pics of the latch breaking out of the cheap hoods, usually at a high rate of speed. Not pretty.

Also, hood pins can help pull the corners down a little, if everything else can be lined up right.

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List