Cleaning TB Help - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

post #1 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Gimper

(Thread Starter)
Cleaning TB Help

I have 80k on my charger now and thought it would be a good idea to clean the TB...I just don't know how. I searched the forums and didn't find what I was looking for. I need photo's or a video for assistance as I would like to learn more about vehicles.

If anyone knows of a post could you point me in the direction or be so kind as to put together a step-by-step for me and others interested.

Thanks,

2010 Dodge charger SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM
zoomzoom1
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

I'll take a peek an see if I can find a thread...It's not hard to do at all....Just remember to get a good quality TB cleaner, carb or anything else will harm the intake...Let me see...

I seem to not be able to find the proper thread for this..Sorry, if I do find it, I'll send ya a message

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
post #3 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Gimper

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom1 View Post
I'll take a peek an see if I can find a thread...It's not hard to do at all....Just remember to get a good quality TB cleaner, carb or anything else will harm the intake...Let me see...

I seem to not be able to find the proper thread for this..Sorry, if I do find it, I'll send ya a message
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!
post #4 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Jonny

Four nuts/bolts and a wire connector... remove those and ****** with throttle body cleaner.

Frankly, I don't see how it can do anything but make you feel better. It's just an air valve. That said, I did in fact clean mine awhile ago. It was surprisingly clean.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Gimper

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Four nuts/bolts and a wire connector... remove those and ****** with throttle body cleaner.

Frankly, I don't see how it can do anything but make you feel better. It's just an air valve. That said, I did in fact clean mine awhile ago. It was surprisingly clean.
In cold weather that is -1 or more it has been bogging down while it warms up and when I drive it bogs down then suddenly jolts forward......so this is to help troubleshoot and rule out minor things as well as - you guessed it - make me feel better. I really noticed it last year in the -20 to -40 range.Any suggestions?
post #6 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimper View Post
In cold weather that is -1 or more it has been bogging down while it warms up and when I drive it bogs down then suddenly jolts forward......so this is to help troubleshoot and rule out minor things as well as - you guessed it - make me feel better. I really noticed it last year in the -20 to -40 range.Any suggestions?
Could be sticky... I never considered that.

My car will occasionally jolt forward like you describe... I have just figured it was the computer having a moment... (bad communications from the inputs)
post #7 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Gimper

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Could be sticky... I never considered that.

My car will occasionally jolt forward like you describe... I have just figured it was the computer having a moment... (bad communications from the inputs)
I'll let you know whats up, should have an update tomorrow but I really wont know until it gets colder out though.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Gimper

(Thread Starter)
All this preparation and it was so easy. about 10 minutes and i didn't even remove the tb, just sprayed a microfibres cloth, flipped the butterfly over and scrubbed. Got a bunch of black muck....though it was surprisingly clean. I dont think this will resolve the bogging issue I have in cold weather starts but I did notice no fluctuations during idle..... ill know more tomorrow when i start it in the morning.

Any other suggestions if this does not resolve the bogging issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

User Tag List