Eibach Pro-Kit Suspension Installed on R/T - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Eibach Pro-Kit Suspension Installed on R/T

Been buying up pieces bit by bit after scouring Craigslist and Ebay for deals and managed to get springs, shocks, and swaybars for less than $900 total. I found a local DIY garage that charges by the hour and did the install myself. Total time: 7hrs. Cost for lift and tools: $147. Took the car to a local Goodyear Service Center for an alignment, $99 bucks.

I wouldn't say the installation was a breeze, but it was far less challenging than I expected thanks to Speedy Garage's series of installation videos on youtube (just Google Challenger Eibach Install). I must have watched the videos a dozen times and thus was very familiar with what I was looking at before I started and was able to make use of a lot of the short cuts shown. In comparison, I've done suspension work on a '72 Charger and an '81 Chrysler Imperial and this was a dream in comparison. Not only is not having to work on 20 and 30 y/o rusted suspension parts preferable, but overall access and design and ease of access to the necessary hardware appears to be greatly improved. I'm not an auto mechanic by trade, but did learn how to turn wrenches while working on KC-130's in the Marines. I would rate this a difficulty of 6/10 for a competent DIY-er. Having access to a lift and the right tools makes all the difference, but this could easily be done in your driveway or garage with jack stands and a couple of floor jacks.

Stance and ride are incredible! My 06 has just over 82k miles on it and it feels like a brand new car. I don't feel minor road imperfections and bumps. The car just cruises down the road flat and level. Occasional hard bumps like recessed manhole covers seem to hit slightly harder, but that's it. The ride quality does not appear to have been sacrificed at all. Breaking and turn in feel noticeably improved and much easier without any body roll or nose diving. And of course the 1.2" drop in front and 1.4" out back just nail the stance giving it that perfect subtle rake. Pics to follow after a through cleaning and waxing.

If you haven't swapped out the stock suspension yet and are looking for an affordable and relatively easy weekend project that provides instant visual and seat of your pants improvement, it's hard to go wrong with this mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 PM

Congrats but we need pics or it didn't happen.... Lol
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona #1964
Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 AM

Stand by to stand by. Pics coming.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352830354228.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	71615

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM

Looks good! Stance is pretty much exactly where mine is at.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.