Aluminum Wheels - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Exterior Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Aluminum Wheels

What are you guys using on the optional 20" Aluminum Wheels?
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383 4V, 727 TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red Metallic
2012 Dodge Charger R/T, Road and Track Performance Group, Tungsten Metallic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Supporting Member

Are they bare metal aluminum, or coated alloy? I have bare metal aluminum and the cleaning/polishing process is a biiiiiiiiiiiiyotch.

(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM

I think they are bare. What product do you use on them? Powerball?
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383 4V, 727 TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red Metallic
Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Supporting Member

I have a powerball, but it just spews polish around. During the summer months, I use mother's metal polish and a microfiber towel. Just buff until it becomes a high shine. Now, if it you encounter snow / salt on the roads (which you probably won't in CA) then you might look into 0000 steel wool. Mine got out of control, so I ended up using a Non-Phosphated Acid Aluminum Cleaner to restore them. They look great now since I started using that stuff.

Here's a link with my drama:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=139746

(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM

As far as I know, the 2012 20" wheels are all clear coated. As such, they need to be treated like you would the body paint. Polish and wax.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Old 11-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
As far as I know, the 2012 20" wheels are all clear coated. As such, they need to be treated like you would the body paint. Polish and wax.
Cool, thanks for the response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Exterior Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.