need for improved headlights - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:48 PM

need for improved headlights

hi guys,

I just realized that my 06 charger headlights are crap. By night, I cannot see the right side of the road...
The covers are not crystal clear, but not so bad. So I guess every thing comes from the original design.
Does any one know a replacement headlight that improves the lighting? I don't want fancy things with lot of leds everywhere. Maybe it exists some HID headlight with lens and not reflector...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 06:22 PM

Get a set of OEM Projector HID. Retrofit it to fit your car. Use Osram or Philips D1S HID system. Then it will make your ride at night safe and enjoyable.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 AM

thank you.
any idea for a particular set of projectors?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 AM

I have the aftermarket HID replacements from 1aauto found here:

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/HeadLights/...79/515563/2008

I just never got around to installing them and went a different route. They can be yours for $175 shipped or you can get them from 1aauto for $189.95 (if they have them in stock)
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 PM

if youve got the money have them retrofitted with quality parts. the projectors on the oem lights are junk, i cant imagine the projectors in the aftermarket ones. chrysler doesnt use quality projectors...never had. if width is what you are after, you need to get yourself a pair of lexus ls460 projectors coupled with clear lens. best mod you can do for visibility. oem bulbs will only help so much with a projector with crapy bowls and optics.

TBH a HID kit on stock lights are better at lighting the side of the road than the OEM HIDs. sure theyre not as focused as the OEMs but they do the job better.

on my armada i had a set of oem lights baked open and used philips bulbs, and an fxr projector. best bang for your buck...end of story. with labor and reinstall and all parts it was about $1300...the first time i did it. went back twice for changes.

only get the oem lights if you like how they look better than stocks. not if you want peformance. i just dont have the coin for a 5th set of custom $1500 lights to be made right now. thats why im debating about going OEM.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM

thank you for your advise. But I cannot afford $1500 for lighting...
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupa-bee View Post
if youve got the money have them retrofitted with quality parts. the projectors on the oem lights are junk, i cant imagine the projectors in the aftermarket ones. chrysler doesnt use quality projectors...never had. if width is what you are after, you need to get yourself a pair of lexus ls460 projectors coupled with clear lens. best mod you can do for visibility. oem bulbs will only help so much with a projector with crapy bowls and optics.

TBH a HID kit on stock lights are better at lighting the side of the road than the OEM HIDs. sure theyre not as focused as the OEMs but they do the job better.

on my armada i had a set of oem lights baked open and used philips bulbs, and an fxr projector. best bang for your buck...end of story. with labor and reinstall and all parts it was about $1300...the first time i did it. went back twice for changes.

only get the oem lights if you like how they look better than stocks. not if you want peformance. i just dont have the coin for a 5th set of custom $1500 lights to be made right now. thats why im debating about going OEM.

Totally BULL ****

Show me your pics and tests that say OEM HID is worse than pnp HID kit.

OEM quality = Osram or Philips Quality. They are second to none. And now you tell me some cheap ass made in china pnp kit is better than Osram/Philips?

BULL ****.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM

I bought a cheap ebay set. At first they sucked like most people say. I had to work them a little and get the HID's to point how I want. Now they shine perfectly and light up the whole road. Its an option.

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post
Totally BULL ****

Show me your pics and tests that say OEM HID is worse than pnp HID kit.

OEM quality = Osram or Philips Quality. They are second to none. And now you tell me some cheap ass made in china pnp kit is better than Osram/Philips?

BULL ****.
Well, first of all, let's compare apples to apples. I know the bulbs are Philips or osram or sylvania. They all are when its oem. There is no concussion on that.

The part that I'm saying is **** is the projector. The bowls aren't chromed very well and the lens is wayy too hazy for any decent projection. They're just bad in general.

I have been involved with projectors and retrofits for years. I know a little about them, lens, spacing, bulbs etc

No need to get butt hurt over my post. It's true. Don't matter what bulb you use.

Go on hidplanet.com and look up reviews and tests. Don't need my pictures. There's plenty online.

Nearly every American made projector is garbage. German and Japanese is where its at.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App

EDIT: oh, and by no means are a PNP kit better for actual vision (too much intense foreground, hurts the drivers vision) but with the horrible (nonexistant) width and distance the OEMs supply the driver, i would take a kit any day over an american projector if i want the road lit.

/discussion.

Last edited by soupa-bee; 11-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 AM

You say American car company use ****ty quality projector bowl and lense. Give me your proof. Now go dissect some projector headlights. Take pics. Put them side to side and SHOW ME how they are trash. Don't just give sh*it on the forum

GIVE ME SOME PROOF. GIVE ME PICTURES THAT THEY ARE TRASH.

In fact, if you love imports SO MUCH, why are you still driving a Charger? Go get yourself some cool imports.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.