Sunroof Issues with 06 R/T - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Exclamation Sunroof Issues with 06 R/T

Motor works fine, glass is fine, and seals look fine.. Just the track is broken on the driver side. EVERY mechanic I've asked says they can only order the whole set which is track/motor for over $680. I just need a track!! Anyone know where I can find one? It leaks now and I'm scared to leave it parked outside in the rain because it leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM

I woul look into a reputable salvage yard. You may get lucky to find one at your local junk yard. If you pull one off a yard car, make sure there is no buckling or warping in the roof of the donor car. Also, look up the TSB on our sunroof to ensure you install the frame nuts with lock-tite, and torque them to specs so you don't develop a rattle like my replacement the dealer did when she was still under warranty.

Good luck.

//Homemade CAI/NOesp/TranZformer/DS Predator/SRT8 headers & mids/SRT8 Corsa Sport catback/ACES IV/QB fluids/custom half covers/REM strut brace/sequential turn signals/Danko chin/custom rear diffuser/yellow fogs/6.1-6spd mounts/BCR coilovers/R1 Concepts s&d rotors/324 rwhp/369 rwtq//
“Because you can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.”
― Christopher Paolini
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 AM

My Charger: 2010 R/T with road and track group package
Just a thought, if there is a manufactures name who makes these sun roofs for Chrysler cars, maybe you can order just the part needed direct through them?? (Good luck)

Big John
2010 Dodge Charger R/T with Road and Track group package,tinted all around. Black Crystal Pearl coat paint. 1966 Pontiac GTO tripower 4spd, 390posi. GTO made the cover of High Performance Pontiac Magazine Dec/92

Last edited by R/T MUSCLE; 11-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmanbrak View Post
Motor works fine, glass is fine, and seals look fine.. Just the track is broken on the driver side. EVERY mechanic I've asked says they can only order the whole set which is track/motor for over $680. I just need a track!! Anyone know where I can find one? It leaks now and I'm scared to leave it parked outside in the rain because it leaks.

Airman,

I agree with Nana, a salvage yard would be the only way to get that specific part instead of the entire assembly.

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Smile LOVE customer service..

After talking to a guy and breaking down the assembly of the sunroof, he ends up hanging up on me. BUT... found a website with the help of a buddy if anyone else needs.. makeitdodgeparts.com $55 for the left glass guide! YEAH! Thanks guys! I'm wanting to get into the "auto scene" more with my car. Adding led's/dash kits... that sort of thing. I know precious little about cars in general, and am learning as I go, but any advice on ANYTHING to make it run better would be nice.
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.